SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig official color names
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig official color names Login/Join 
posted
I have the E29R-9-SCPN and maybe I’ve looked at it too close for too long. It seems to be called “flat dark earth” but it sure looks like something in the Green family to me. Are all the Scorpion’s Olive Drab Green or are they really Flat Dark Earth or maybe, I just need an updated eye exam? Is there any link anyone could provide that shows the Official color names and pics for all Sig Sauer guns? Assist much appreciated.

SW Shield 9mm
1990 P226 TT, SRT, Safe Queen
M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR
SCPO(SW),USN,(Ret), SEA Class 55

Posts: 185 | Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Official SIG list...?

Call SIG, I'm sure they'll give you between 2-13 conflicting answers.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, that was helpful.

SW Shield 9mm
M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR

Posts: 185 | Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
FDE. Dunno how 'official' SIG considers that, however. There are so many different takes on 'flat dark earth' out in the wild that it's near useless to try to classify them.

Color eye chart test optional, btw.

The older Scorpion FDE was Cerakote, chosen to match Magpul furniture FDE if I recall correctly (my Gen2 516 uses the same shade). Sometimes combined with anodized shade of "FDE" for frames, sometimes not. It looks 'sandy brown tan beige whatever'.

The Emperor Scorpions use a FDE shade done in PVD. Most of them, anyways. Slightly different hue and sheen, likely because of the different material and process. And yeah, from certain angles you can possibly see a hint of green in it. But for the most part it too looks 'sandy brown tan beige whatever' as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
appreciate the input.

SW Shield 9mm
M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
If you want to see all the colors of the rainbow that exist in the FDE realm, take a look at a factory FN FDE SCAR16/17. Wink

As for SIG actually publishing such a list, ummm, nope.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will do, thanks.

SW Shield 9mm
M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cpoic8:
will do, thanks.
No problem, I'll forward you a copy of the "official" list I have... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good deal, thanks.

SW Shield 9mm
M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR