Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec PMR30 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Thougt it might be a good little trail gun. Lightweight and 30 rounds. Are they accurate/reliable/durable?

What do you use yours for?

Are they as loud as I've read?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My coworker got one after I warned him Keltecs are only good for range-only use.

He experienced the repeated failure to feeds that others did. Maybe they've done upgrades, but it doesn't change my opinion. Keltecs are fine if you only use them at the range where malfunctions don't matter.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Mine works fine.
Would be an excellent kit gun.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the book, they have recommended ammo to use in the gun. I will tell you, for the most part if you do not use what is on the list, it will not be reliable.

Also the reliable got a lot better after about 300 rounds.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with one, and he let me shoot it. It ran like a clock, and was scary accurate!!! I really liked it a lot.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
My coworker got one after I warned him Keltecs are only good for range-only use.

He experienced the repeated failure to feeds that others did. Maybe they've done upgrades, but it doesn't change my opinion. Keltecs are fine if you only use them at the range where malfunctions don't matter.

What are you talking about?

Neither my P-32 carry pistol nor my Sub2000 carbine have ever given me any problems. Do you own any Kel-Tecs or are you just repeating bullshit you heard somewhere?

Posts: 33772 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I don't own Keltecs. Because I like my stuff to work right.

I don't need to own something to know whether there's general problems. I didn't own an Explorer, but tire problems were still a thing, right? I didn't own a Samsung 7, but they still caught fire. I don't own a R51, but those were POS, right?

It's a ridiculous statement that someone has to own something to know whether or not they're worth owning. I don't own one because friends and acquaintances have and had problems, problems that are also commonly reported online. It's not like they're isolated issues.

Finally, I don't understand why people get so defensive. Everyone wants to be so offended by everything these days. They look for things to be outraged about. As if my saying that Keltecs don't meet my requirements for reliability means that I'm insulting you because your choices are different. Why do you need any validation?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
No I don't own Keltecs.

Ok, thanks for confirming that you’re just going by hearsay.

How about you actually have some experience with them before making blanket statements, hmm?

Posts: 33772 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
No I don't own Keltecs.

Ok, thanks for confirming that you’re just going by hearsay.

How about you actually have some experience with them before making blanket statements, hmm?

The KelTec PR-police roll strong tonight, eh?

So what's your experience with a PMR30, or is the fact you own 1-2 Keltec make you the Pope on all that is Polymer from Cocca Florida?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just am tired of seeing people who’ve never even touched a KT come into threads to tell everyone who does own them about how they are junk or unreliable or whatever.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

You can make a determination about a product without owning it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Let’s be honest, there’s a reason they are dirt cheap...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I have one, and if you use Hornady or Winchester ammo it runs great, but if you "try" to use Armscore ammo it wont even pick them up from the magazine.

Other than that It's a fun little toy and accurate, the muzzle blast gets a lot of attention at the indoor range Smile

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The bickering has ceased, guys.

Perhaps it's my imagination but it seems like arguments over the quality of KelTec firearms is the new thing in this forum. Wave goodbye to it, because it was here and now it's gone.

If I see any more of this stuff, someone's going to regret it. Rhino, that goes double for you

Let's be cool

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Thougt it might be a good little trail gun. Lightweight and 30 rounds. Are they accurate/reliable/durable?

What do you use yours for?

Are they as loud as I've read?

I don't own one but I have shot one many times. They're a lot of fun to shoot.

A friend of mine owns one and he uses it regularly at our steel shoots. It runs good enough that he often wins the rimfire stages.

Yes, they are LOUD and have a significant muzzle flash.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy who paid a significant premium to get one of the first PMR30s, back when they were first released. He was very excited to get one, but was disappointed with it. It was quite unreliable.

I don't know if that's been fixed in the newer ones. I'm also not sure whether he followed the ammo recommendations as mentioned earlier (or if Keltec even included ammo recommendations at that point).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you properly load the magazines they run excellent otherwise you will have problems. Super fun to shoot. The only reason I didn't buy one is because they are actually expensive to shoot.

Because the mags hold a lot of rounds you really go through it and .22 Magnum isn't that cheap.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The bickering has ceased, guys.

Understood Para and sorry for being one of the guilty parties here.

I will refrain from any further arguing about this brand and have also added the other party to my ignore list. First time I've ever done that in 10+ years here.

posted Hide Post
my sub 2000 gen 2 runs great.never a glitch

https://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/dateposted-public/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scottyboy,

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
It was probably 3 years before I examined the first PMR30 in person after it was introduced.

I always thought I would want one, and now I am glad I didn't purchase one sight unseen.

The grip just didn't fit my small hands, the grip from frontstrap to backstrap was just too long for me to grasp comfortably.

Rock Island makes a 1911 pattern 22 Magnum, that would be a better fit for me.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post