SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thin me, thin gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thin me, thin gun. Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted
so for the first time since I started carrying I'm what you'd call normal sized, I used to be a big fat guy. with that, carrying my steyr or glock is now really quite bulky.

are we still all about the 365 for thin carry guns, or has the flavor of the month changed?

I'm fine moving to 9mm as a thin 357sig isn't a thing that exists beyond the P239 which I like but don't want to hunt down.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The G43X and G48 are getting great reviews, and they're basically a thinner version of the Glock you're already familiar with.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Since it's been out for almost 18 months now, I don't know about flavor of the month, but the 365 is a pretty solid choice in that arena.

Likewise, the G43 and variations (43X and 48), are also solid performers.

If budgetary concerns exist, the S&W Shield 9 and Ruger LC9s are also viable options.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Shield 9mm and a Glock 43 and love them both. They pretty much disappear in an iwb holster, with the G43 being slightly easier to hide. One thing I will say, Glock finally did it right in my eyes, as the tang is larger on the 43 and I don't get slide bite.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I now carry the G43x in the Comp-Tac Infidel Max holster. Thinner, shorter, and lighter all translate to more comfort. I don't carry the G19 or the P228 much anymore.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
so for the first time since I started carrying I'm what you'd call normal sized, I used to be a big fat guy. with that, carrying my steyr or glock is now really quite bulky.

are we still all about the 365 for thin carry guns, or has the flavor of the month changed?

I'm fine moving to 9mm as a thin 357sig isn't a thing that exists beyond the P239 which I like but don't want to hunt down.

I have a nice one you may be interested in. Just sent you an email.

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I've also gone full Glock with a G48 .

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, I would expect that being thinner would make it easier to conceal.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Huh, I would expect that being thinner would make it easier to conceal.

it's not been as such for me. but ymmv

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thin for me is:
P239
P225 Classic.
G48
1911 Commander.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Lightweight Chocolate 9, and now with Sprinkles has been my flavor for many months (LC9S). Yes, it's nice when you can carry appendix and the shirt front just hangs down straight. Wink

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The 43x and 48 don't do anything for me.

The 365 is.. and will be my favorite 'flavor' for quite some time.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr P9/K9/P40/K40, Sig P365, S&W Shield, Springfield XDS, Glock 43/43X/48, Glock 36, and a few other thinner firearms out there. The J-frame pistols aren't much thicker, and the Kimber K6 pistol is about the same but with six shots in .357/.38+P. The 1911 is still thin and comes in all kinds of cartridge flavors and sizes, big and small.

I've run out of excuses not to carry, so have been pocket carrying the P365 a bit (finally). That fabled pistol that one almost forgets is there? The P365 is pretty close.

I really like the G43. I have a G48 on layaway. It should be a comfortable inside the waistband pistol.

The more I think about it, the P365XL might be a gotta-try, when it becomes available. Depends if my wife catches me trying to spend on another firearm or not.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I now carry the G43x in the Comp-Tac Infidel Max holster. Thinner, shorter, and lighter all translate to more comfort. I don't carry the G19 or the P228 much anymore.

I carry my G48 in the same holster. It’s replaced my G19 for that role.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost bought a 365 last weekend, but talked myself out of it. The Glock 43 is still serving as my thin 9mm.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS classic for me. Shoots like a big gun, carries like a small gun.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The 365 has become my daily off duty gun. I bought a G43 and a P938 for that but, the 365 shoots better, holds more and is the same size.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The G43X and G48 are getting great reviews, and they're basically a thinner version of the Glock you're already familiar with.

Totally agree with Rogue. I have fired both extensively and they are both superb firearms, especially the G48. The G43X is piece of work. Really, really impressed with these two pistols.

Side-note: Yesterday, my wife and one of her female friends were at my house and they decided that they wanted to shoot at my little home range. My wife's friend had just been bought a P365 by her husband. Both my wife and her friend have not shot in at two years and they don't know the difference between a Sig or a Glock or a Canik or a Ruger GP100. We did a side-by-side with the P365 versus my G43X. We told them not to think about anything other than subjective comfort and recoil. After firing both side to side, I asked the girls to spontaneously make a choice between the two and both immediately chose the G43X. They liked the longer grip, longer trigger pull, and to them, it recoiled somewhat less. Again, subjective, I know, but a good litmus test provided by people who were neutral and have no skin in the "brand names game."

Glock learned from the Gen 4 problems. These newer guns are just outstanding.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’d look at a Kahr, they only make thin carry guns and their trigger IMO is superior to a Glock.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Have you ever thought of a BHP? Yes the grip is a bit thick but it carries very thin in a IWB holster.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post