SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G-Code "tactical fuzz?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G-Code "tactical fuzz?" Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted
I'm hoping someone here knows if there is a way to obtain and apply the material, or something similar, that G-Code calls "tactical fuzz" for other holsters. G-Code doesn't make a holster for the Glock 19 and TLR-7 light, so I'm looking into other options, but like having the "fuzz" on the holster.

Thanks in advance for any info you have.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/xRcUFvbcWCw

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...35/m/6950043004/p/10

Member agony on the forum made an AIWB holster with some "tactical fuzz" similar to the G-Code.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and hopefully agony will drop by, and tell us what adhesive he used.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't know what adhesive member agony used, but 3M makes a few spray adhesives that are pretty much the industry standard in many upholstery and similar applications. In automotive contexts (headliners), car audio contexts (speaker boxes, door panels, etc), and more.

It comes out like a sticky spider web... spray some on whatever you're covering and some on the back of the material, let it get a bit tacky, and apply your material/fabric by hand - smoothing it out and keeping it taut as you go...

Your local Ace, Home Depot, or otherwise likely stock aerosol cans if it, sometimes in two sizes - one like spray paint and one skinny one like hair spray. Usually a black or dark gray can.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I almost posted this exact topic last week. I'm also looking for this fuzz material to apply as a sweat barrier on the body side of my holster.

The closest thing I found that resembles what I want is AGrip from Brooks Tactical. http://brookstactical.com

They sell the stuff in sheets but it is super expensive (about $30 something for a 5x8" sheet), which is the reason I have not ordered any yet.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Agony says in his thread that he used micro suede, from a fabric store, IIRC.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents. I will try to find an appropriate fabric, and look for the right spray adhesive.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Thanks gents. I will try to find an appropriate fabric, and look for the right spray adhesive.

This is another product I was looking into, but have yet to try.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black...&hash=item23a5560341

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

Barge will stick just about anything to just about anything. It is a contact cement, heavily used by saddle makers, but I've used it on a variety of things, such as neoprene bumpers to the bottom of stainless mags, fabrics to anything, and rubber on the bottom of a stool leg to level it (that's on the end grain of wood, which is pretty hard to glue to). The yellow product is the original "unsafe" one, but it only comes in a can, and if you don't use it much it hardens up over time with repeated opening of the can. Acetone is the thinner. The blue is the newer "safe" product, works almost as well, and is available in a tube, much more friendly to the occasional user.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post