SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suggestions for a CZ Scorpion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for a CZ Scorpion? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
I picked up a CZ Scorpion a few days ago, and have ordered a few upgrades. SB tactical side folding brace, AK style safety, reduced trigger pull spring kit, and a different grip. Is there anything else you guys would recommend based on your experience? I am also looking for an optic, maybe one of the smaller Holosun offering. What are you using as far as optics? Any suggestions or advice would be welcome! If you have pictures, post them!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The brace, grip, safety, and trigger spring are the "must have" accessories. Everything else is just gravy.

If you're wanting to accessorize further, the next thing I'd recommend is an extended charging handle, and a different trigger shoe. (You can do the trigger shoe, trigger spring, and safeties all at the same time while you have the trigger pack apart.) But those aren't "must have" like the others.

My Scorpion wears a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. It's nice and compact, and cowitnesses with the factory sights.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I have the carbine and installed the full length handguard, trigger, mag release and safety delete. My optic was a C-more slide ride and last week changed to a Sig Romeo 5. Will try to post pics tonight. I use mine in our local 2-gun matches and it’s a lot of fun!
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gearhead works CZ factory folder with the spud to attach a tailhook.

Apex grip and safeties are good. Magpul grip is OK but looks weird and you can't drop the trigger housing out to remove the bolt with the grip in place.

Extended mag release if you want one - Magpul or Gearhead Works.

Magpul 35 round mags.

Maybe a Franklin Armory binary trigger...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run an MRO since its not really a gun I want to waste an aimpoint on. And I run the PMM sling mounts as everything I own needs to have a workable sling setup. I changed a few other things but nothing one would consider needed to get started.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

extended charging handle

That's my must change item. I know I'm the odd man out but the stock safety really doesn't bug me and the grip is ok. Stock trigger is "meh", it's...functional. My replacement list in vague order of "need" is

1. Charging handle
2. Trigger
3. Grip

I'd always do the first two for sure. Other stuff maybe.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m using the following on my SBR:

HBI extended charging handle
Gear Head Works right side safety
YetiWurks Grip
CZ Custom disconnection
HBI spring kit
HBI duckbill mag release

I haven’t had any problem with the Magpul mags, but prefer the PSA mags. Optic is a Holosun HS503GU, which cowitnesses using the included low mount. The factory stock is fine for me.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I would echo the mag release. I have an extended HBI and it’s much easier than the factory one. As far as optics go, the sky is the limit, but I thought it would be stupid to put a top dollar optic on an inexpensive sub gun so I’m rocking a Bushnell TRS-25 and it’s great so far!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
All the suggestions are good but the best thing I did to my Scorpion was to convert it to a micro, very good went to awesome.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
All the suggestions are good but the best thing I did to my Scorpion was to convert it to a micro, very good went to awesome.

This. I have an earlier Scorpion Evo, with the weird threading pitch barrel and crappy forend. I did the whole "Micro-K" conversion from HBI, plus their trigger springs, safety, and some other things. With my Tirant 45 3-lug, its GREAT.

https://hbindustries.net/store...crok-conversion-kit/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I actually got my order yesterday afternoon from HB Industries. Sometime today I will be putting on some new parts! I like the looks of the CZ factory folding setup with the tailhook, but no one had them in stock. Instead of waiting to find one, I went with the SB tactical brace instead. I will keep looking, and if I run across one I will probably pick it up as well, and then sell whichever one I like the least! I had actually looked at one of the micro versions a few weeks ago, that was already set up with the folder. I went home to think about it, and when I went back, well you know the rest of the story. No one was able to order one as the distributors were all out. I’m happy with this one for sure, but I may consider the micro at some point!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

Red dot on the Holosun is much sharper in person, the iPhone camera makes it look bloated.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
HBI Charging handle, trigger spring kit, safety delete, mag release, hand guards, pistol grip, and flat faced trigger (not shown).

I have a few Magpul 35rd mags, CZ mags 20rd/30rd and so far they all feed.

This gun was not very appealing to me before the aftermarket support exploded, now I think it's the best bang for your buck PCC. The price of mags are just the icing on the cake.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I have picked up five Magpul magazines so far, and I think I’m going to pick up five more! Everything that I’ve been able to read online says that they are good to go

Arc.
___