SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joined the Legion...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the Legion... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
He was, 12131. His insistence that I try the trigger on the P229 Legion in the case against an M11-A1 sold me on the Legion and is why all my new Sigs are Legions. (I do have one older P229 that I bought off a coworker.)

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! I was shooting one of my P226 SAOs the other day, just wonderful.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Shot a customer's SAO a couple of weeks ago; must admit that I did very well with it. According to him he has about 4 thousand rounds or so through his so far but the way it looked and shot it seemed to me like it was nearly new. It didn't seem to show much wear for the amount of rounds that have been run through the gun, but I will say that I didn't scrutinize every little detail about it while on the shooting line. Suitably impressed though not enough for me to want one for myself; there are other aspects of the whole 'Legion' marketing ploy (and similar ad campaigns by other gun makers) that continues to leave a sour pit in my stomach lining. And I still can't get over the look of those long extractors... :shrug:

Curmudgeon, become I have.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:
I thought the trigger on the SAO Legion is not Grayguns', only the P-SAIT on the DA/SA. I can't recall who, but someone has mentioned this previously on here. Might have been someone from GGI, themsleves, or someone working closely with them.

Grayguns does not supply the triggers on the SAO Legions.

This.

The SAO is a dream to shoot. I would like to pick one up, because all of the student guns I have shot are absolutely awesome. But, I train DA/SA so much that I am a bit afraid of the safety.

blindref mentioned the Grayguns triggers are fantastic. I was kind of confused because he wanted a SAO Legion. He must have been talking about the P-SAIT on the DA/SA gun, then.

IIRC Graguns was instrumental in the design of the SAO trigger, but does not supply them. I'm approaching old and senile so this is not gospel. However, it is now on the internet -

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Regarding "holding up" - this is the finish on my slide after carrying for about a year and a half. Not the best compared to others (my 2 tone P239 SAS shows almost no wear, same with my G26 refinished from CCR, both carried many years)

However, I really don't care. It's a tool that is wearing. Then again, for a gun being billed as a premium series, they could do better.

The barrel as mentioned previously by other posters doesn't even show a smile.

I'm strongly considering butting a RX slide on top of this.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
For full size 9mm I think I'll stay with the G17 or Beretta 92 series. However, I am very very interested in a P220 Legion when they show up. I still think the p220 is the best .45 out there.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
If I were looking for a range gun, I'd be all over a P226 Legion SAO. I work at a gun shop / shooting range and in the past 4 months I've sold eight to ten P226 Legions. Most were DA/SA guns, but the SAO is the one that really stands out to me. The Grayguns triggers are fantastic and are what would push me into buying one.

Besides the P320 line, it's the only new Sig that's come out in a long time that I've wanted to buy. I'm sure that I'll end up with one sooner or later.

The store where blindref works actually sold all three of the Legions I mentioned in my post above. I walked in one Sunday, and the first thing out of his mouth was "We got another one in, should I just start the paperwork?" 2 weeks later, not only was that P226 DA/SA at home, but my wife decided she wanted the SAO.

So @blindref: which do you think will happen first? you'll get a P226 Legion SAO or I'll end up with one of my own?

You'll probably get your own. We've got two in stock and you're an easy sell Wink Big Grin

I'm waiting for one of our regular customers to trade in the one I sold him. He's notorious for buying higher end guns, shooting them once or twice and then trading them in. He spent over $40K with us last year Eek
I already have dibs on his SAO P226 Legion Wink

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:
I thought the trigger on the SAO Legion is not Grayguns', only the P-SAIT on the DA/SA. I can't recall who, but someone has mentioned this previously on here. Might have been someone from GGI, themsleves, or someone working closely with them.

Grayguns does not supply the triggers on the SAO Legions.

This.

The SAO is a dream to shoot. I would like to pick one up, because all of the student guns I have shot are absolutely awesome. But, I train DA/SA so much that I am a bit afraid of the safety.

blindref mentioned the Grayguns triggers are fantastic. I was kind of confused because he wanted a SAO Legion. He must have been talking about the P-SAIT on the DA/SA gun, then.

After reading my original post, I can see it wasn't very clear. I was only on my first cup of coffee Wink

The GGI trigger on the DA/SA is incredible and really makes it easy to sell the Legion line, but if I were to get a Legion it would be the SAO platform. It would only be a range gun and probably not shot that much.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha. Actually, the next things that will probably be on my list are 9mm Glocks. I was window- --- or is that case- --- shopping earlier today. I still need to talk my stepdad into divesting himself of that Glock 27 he has in favor of 9mm.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Suitably impressed though not enough for me to want one for myself; there are other aspects of the whole 'Legion' marketing ploy (and similar ad campaigns by other gun makers) that continues to leave a sour pit in my stomach lining. And I still can't get over the look of those long extractors... :shrug:

Curmudgeon, become I have.

Well, I'll admit the whole Legion marketing aspect turned me off to them initially. It wasn't until this year, when I handled one did my opinion change about it, well, the gun that is. While I did sign up, being a member of the Legion club doesn't really do anything for me.

My preference would have been to have an Elite or Combat in SAO with the Legion trigger system and grips.

quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
I'm waiting for one of our regular customers to trade in the one I sold him. He's notorious for buying higher end guns, shooting them once or twice and then trading them in. He spent over $40K with us last year Eek
I already have dibs on his SAO P226 Legion Wink

He must be related to me...buy high and sell low...lol. I've done a fair amount of buying, trying and eventually selling over the past couple of years, although nowhere near 40K Eek, trying to find what I like. I've found myself gravitating towards SAO pistols and lately more have been staying than going.

Thanks to all for the responses, much appreciated.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Blindref, what shop do you work at? I'll come check you out, if I don't already frequent you!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Blindref, what shop do you work at? I'll come check you out, if I don't already frequent you!

I work at Classic Pistol in Southampton.
http://www.classicpistol.com

I'm there 10:00am to 9:30pm Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday's from 3:30pm to 9:30pm

I'm Rick in case you are already a customer.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Haven't been there yet, but I'm up that way often enough. I'll stop in some time and say hi!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post