SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joined the Legion...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the Legion... Login/Join 
Picture of mcs1564
posted
I never gave the Legion series much thought until I had a chance to play around with a DA/SA 226 earlier this year.

I really wanted a SAO, but, couldn't find one and ended up picking up the DA/SA model. Held onto it for a bit, but, flipped it before I got out with it. Finally picked up the SAO this afternoon.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has the SAO or any of the Legion models as far as how they've held up.

Obligatory pics:

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The Legion is a very striking handgun.

Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
We bought one for my wife. She loves it. No complaints and it's held up well (10 months). She had trouble with the stock X-sights so I had them replaced with some TruGlo TFOs in green.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this qualifies as 'held up'. I put a std. 226 slide with an RMR milled on top of the SAO legion frame and shot last fall's plate matches with it. No issues with either part. That's a couple of thousand rounds no issue. I hate the stock legion sights but I am reluctant to mill the logo off the top for an RMR so I'm just switching slides. I just bought another SAO gun so I can have two of them for this next season.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
My P226 SAO Legion is the Sig I've had the shortest time but it's the Sig I shoot the most, probably a couple thousand rounds so far with zero issues. It's easily my favorite Sig and easily my favorite handgun. Glad spring is coming so I can get back at it.

No issues what so ever. I carry mine regularly also. Seems people either love of hate the sights. I love em.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about thousand rounds through mine without any malfunctions, my brother liked mine so much that he bought one himself.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I have three German SIG P226's and a Legion P226.

The Legion is my favorite of them all.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine over a year ago. It is one of my favorite pistols, and has made many trips to the range. No issues at all with mine.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought my second Legion, a SAO, a couple of weeks ago. DA/SA P226 is about 8 months old. Finish is fine in both although both are range guns. Great pistols! I substituted Wolff 17lb mainsprings in both with no issues.

You made a great choice by going SAO. Great trigger. Enjoy!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling it will hold up as well as any other 226.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great purchase. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out on getting one of these....nice gun.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. My first Sig was a P229 Legion in 9mm. I hadn't heard of the Legion series until a friend of mine bought a P226 last year. I bought the P229 Legion on election day, and its bigger brother the P226 came home with me a few weeks ago. There's also a P226 SAO (not mine) in the house that has yet to be shot. Hopefully that happens this weekend.

I may end up with one of those soon enough, too, and more likely a P220 Legion when those are released.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
If I were looking for a range gun, I'd be all over a P226 Legion SAO. I work at a gun shop / shooting range and in the past 4 months I've sold eight to ten P226 Legions. Most were DA/SA guns, but the SAO is the one that really stands out to me. The Grayguns triggers are fantastic and are what would push me into buying one.

Besides the P320 line, it's the only new Sig that's come out in a long time that I've wanted to buy. I'm sure that I'll end up with one sooner or later.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations. I have the DA/SA Legion P226. I have several thousand rounds through it. I've had it since last year and I put a couple hundred rounds through it a week.

I am NOT a fan of the sights. I love everything else.

I don't know what kind of finish is on the barrel, but after thousands of rounds, there is ZERO wear.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 226 SAO. I have about a thousand or so rounds with no issues and have used every imaginable ammo in it. Everyone who tries it is amazed at the trigger and how well it shoots. Congrats on the new addition.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
If I were looking for a range gun, I'd be all over a P226 Legion SAO. I work at a gun shop / shooting range and in the past 4 months I've sold eight to ten P226 Legions. Most were DA/SA guns, but the SAO is the one that really stands out to me. The Grayguns triggers are fantastic and are what would push me into buying one.

Besides the P320 line, it's the only new Sig that's come out in a long time that I've wanted to buy. I'm sure that I'll end up with one sooner or later.

The store where blindref works actually sold all three of the Legions I mentioned in my post above. I walked in one Sunday, and the first thing out of his mouth was "We got another one in, should I just start the paperwork?" 2 weeks later, not only was that P226 DA/SA at home, but my wife decided she wanted the SAO.

So @blindref: which do you think will happen first? you'll get a P226 Legion SAO or I'll end up with one of my own?

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I thought the trigger on the SAO Legion is not Grayguns', only the P-SAIT on the DA/SA. I can't recall who, but someone has mentioned this previously on here. Might have been someone from GGI, themsleves, or someone working closely with them.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I thought the trigger on the SAO Legion is not Grayguns', only the P-SAIT on the DA/SA. I can't recall who, but someone has mentioned this previously on here. Might have been someone from GGI, themsleves, or someone working closely with them.

Grayguns does not supply the triggers on the SAO Legions.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

This.

The SAO is a dream to shoot. I would like to pick one up, because all of the student guns I have shot are absolutely awesome. But, I train DA/SA so much that I am a bit afraid of the safety.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

This.

The SAO is a dream to shoot. I would like to pick one up, because all of the student guns I have shot are absolutely awesome. But, I train DA/SA so much that I am a bit afraid of the safety.

blindref mentioned the Grayguns triggers are fantastic. I was kind of confused because he wanted a SAO Legion. He must have been talking about the P-SAIT on the DA/SA gun, then.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post