SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Just Took Delivery on a P226R-9-Legion-SAO-RX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Just Took Delivery on a P226R-9-Legion-SAO-RX Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
What a wonderful handful of pistol technology. Nearly 50 years ago when I entered the law enforcement field we could not have imagined carrying such a capable defensive pistol. My collections is nearly complete. Until the next thing, that is.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same exact pistol and I cannot say enough good things about. Loved the SAO, the weight, balance, trigger just an overall great pistol. Loved the Romeo1 as well. Had over 11,000 rounds through the pistol and not one hiccup in the gun or the red dot. Replaced the battery just once. Far more accurate than I will ever be.
Best of luck with your new gun, enjoy it in good health!

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Reminds me I have a Legion red dot upper ready to put on my gun - the SAO 226 is perfection in a full size pistol - hoping I enjoy it as much with the red dot on it. I'm thinking I will. I'm still new to the red dot pistol game.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Don't have the RX version of that gun, but it is a really sweet shooting and extremely accurate gun. The beavertail really lets you get into the grip.

My only qualm (and it's more with SIGs SAOs in general) is the amount of take-up on the trigger. They break fine, and the Legion breaks great, but there's a bit too much slop at the beginning for my tastes.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I took the pistol out to zero this morning. Out of the box the red dot was about 5" low and 5" to the left at 3 yards offhand shooting. I got it dialed in with about 10 rounds then shot the Florida LE qual course at 3, 7, &15 yards with it. It put everything in the 5 zone and I am impressed with how quickly I can acquire the target with the Romeo. I still need to do some fine tuning on the red dot at greater distance but that is for another day. I did notice the red dot and iron sights are not co-witnessed but I am still learning this RDS system. I still love my iron sight Legions but have a feeling this one is going to take first chair.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I really want a P220 SAO 10mm RX. First, i need to shoot an RX.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I wish it was me! Congrats!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post