SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need Browning Hi Power gunsmith.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Browning Hi Power gunsmith. Login/Join 
posted
So I got a deal on a stripped BHP frame. Mid 70s C series. This frame is stripped down and only has the hammer and hammer spring installed. No slide. So the smith would need to provide all that I suppose. I’ve looked into Garthwaite, Don Williams and cylinder and slide. I’ve done customs before and waited over a year for a colt custom shop 1911 to be made to my specs, so I’m willing to wait. Anybody got any other suggestions ?

Posts: 4753 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might check with Karl Sokol at Chestnut Mountain Sports.

Posts: 458 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Cylinder and slide was going to be my recommendation.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fletcher custom pistols and ted yost at estate sporting limited.
Fletcher Custom Pistols on the top, in 40sw and 357sig. Bottom BHP is 1965 t series by Estate sporting limited from Ted Yost

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd try to source the slide before you send it to a gunsmith. Unless they happen to have one sitting around, that's not something that anyone's making aftermarket.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason Burton and Ted Yost (no longer working together) would be on my list if time and cost are no object. I have a Yost SRT BHP and it's a work of art.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Friend
posted Hide Post
Try Novak in WV. Great Hi Power work!

Posts: 76 | Registered: March 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karl Sokol.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim Garthwaite is the hands down best..

Posts: 26 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post