SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FWIW: My SIG P320 Subcompact Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FWIW: My SIG P320 Subcompact Report Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I finally decided to pickup a subcompact P320 kit for my 9x19mm P320 Tacops.

I'd played with a subcompact grip module a bit, and saw another member's interesting solution of a cut-down medium compact grip module that now takes subcompact magazines.

Finally in a moment of weakness I bid on and won an online auction for a new one for a bit under $300, delivered.

Mating it with my P320 trigger module with a PELT2 curved trigger was simple.

I liked the feel in my hand, save for the fact I couldn't get my ring and little finger securely on the grip.

I fixed that with a set of Pachmayr magazine base plates. These are a cast iron pain in the butt to install, but they do go one with enough cursing.

Range report

I tried one magazine without the magazine extension, and it was as I feared: recoil control was not as easy as with the magazine extension. The ammunition was 124-grain, 9x19mm Gold Dot Duty ammunition

With the extension it was its same old boring self. Hit after hit right where I was aiming.

I ran two sets of 12 cartridges though each of three magazines with extensions and one set of 12 cartridges through the one unmodified magazine. All worked flawlessly.

I like the smaller profile and slightly lighter weight of the Subcompact over the Compact. I ordered a new holster so I need to spend time practicing with it.

Summary

Despite having big hands, I find the SIG P320 Subcompact to be easy to shoot; however, it is really easy to shoot if you install an aftermarket extension to the magazine.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have one that I use as a backup on duty (service weapon is a P320 carry), and primary off-duty carry. It wears a medium grip module as I have pretty large hands. Like you, I found the flush-fit magazine to provide a less than ideal grip on the gun. The factory 12-rnd mag with the pinky extension works well, but I ankle carry it on duty, so I wanted it as small as possible.

Ultimately, I settled on the flush fit mag for when I'm on duty and it's riding on my ankle, and the extended mag for off-duty when it gets carried iwb. I used to carry my G26 with the flush-fit mags all the time, but it's grip was short enough that I could lock my pinkie in under the mag for a solid grip. The P320SC is just a bit too long for that.

I like the SC...it fits my hand better than the P365, and I feel more confident taking precise, long-distance shots with it. It also doesn't pinch my trigger finger like the P365 did. Being able to use full-size P320 mags as reloads is also a huge plus. It's a great little gun...I wish they hadn't discontinued it.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post