SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 firing pin swap?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 firing pin swap? Login/Join 
posted
I often edc my p365. It’s got over 1000 rounds and never had an issue. It’s an earlier version, has anyone swapped to a steel pin? Just curious.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
It’s an earlier version, has anyone swapped to a steel pin?

What is your firing pin made of?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I often edc my p365. It’s got over 1000 rounds and never had an issue. It’s an earlier version, has anyone swapped to a steel pin? Just curious.

How early?

Mine is from April '18 and aside from the Trijicon HDs I installed, its bone stock.

After my next one or two range trips with it, I'll have over 2500 round through it. Other than swapping out the RSA, ( recommended by SIG, ) I have no plans to fool with it unless needed. I carry this as both my EDC and when I'm carrying something bigger on my hip, the 365 becomes my BUG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

How early?

Mine is from April '18 and aside from the Trijicon HDs I installed, its bone stock.

After my next one or two range trips with it, I'll have over 2500 round through it. Other than swapping out the RSA, ( recommended by SIG, ) I have no plans to fool with it unless needed. I carry this as both my EDC and when I'm carrying something bigger on my hip, the 365 becomes my BUG.

Why did Sig recommend swapping out the RSA? That seems too early for regular maintenance.

I follow the 365 threads but don’t own, just curious.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

How early?

Why did Sig recommend swapping out the RSA? That seems too early for regular maintenance.

I follow the 365 threads but don’t own, just curious.

You should ask SIG that question. Wink

SIG has round count based replacement schedule for their pistols main components, such as barrels, various springs, etc, ( in the 365's owners manual its specifically called out, ) so this isn't anything new from SIG. This is just me spit-ballin' here, but I'd figure that due to the small size of the pistol, the RSA has a lot of work to do in a small space, so that's probably why they recommend replacing it at a relatively low round count.

If this round count concerns you some, don't buy a Kimber 1911. The .45 ACP Pro Carry II I had several years back had a recommended recoil spring replacement at every 800 rounds and the main spring every 1600, ( I called Kimber and asked them to verify this and they did. )

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wouldn't be concerned at 1k rounds but would be sure to dry fire with snap caps or similar system. That seemed to be what the early striker issues correlated with. It appeared that the front of the striker was hitting the end of the striker channel, causing problems.

On my first 365, I did buy a LSI striker just to have a spare but never had issues with my OEM gun.

With that said, if you wanted to swap strikers, I'd save money and go with a new Sig striker that has the latest design. Osage County has stellar prices on sig parts, I think Midwest Guns also has a good supply of parts.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post