SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G43... recoil.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G43... recoil. Login/Join 
posted
recoil...WOW, that hurt. Because of the narrow frame and plastic frame, I guess. Not as bad as the P-64, or the Ruger LC9s, thank goodness but it does cut down on range time.

I did try a rubber sleeve on the grip, too.

Anyone else have the same issue with the G43?

BTW, the P938 with rubber grips was a joy to shoot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I find the G43, the shield and the the 365 to all be similar-is.

I agree that the 938 is slightly softer shooting, but I didn't find it to be all that much softer.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else have the same issue with the G43?

I tried to REALLY like the 43, I like how it feels in my hand, like how it carries (carried it daily for 10-11 months) have REALLY tried to like it.

But every time I go to the range with one (I've owned a few) I would shoot 50 rounds and hate the gun. I can shoot it good, I just don't enjoy shooting it.

I'm back to my 19 for EDC and I picked up a used Gen 3 26 that had a custom grip reduction and stippling job that fit my hand perfectly. No more 43 (at least for now... Wink)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have to say this, the G43, and it's single stack subcompact peers, aren't range toys. They fit a full power duty cartridge into a minimal size package. This is a combination that is never going to be soft shooting. If you can tolerate shooting it to the point that you can get enough rounds down range to maintain proficiency, I'd call it good, and shoot other, bigger, 9mm guns for fun.

If you can carry a bigger gun, by all means do. But if you can't, deal with the recoil and carry the G43.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have a LC9 which has a pretty stout recoil and rented a G43 at the range, and shot them side by side as they are virtually identical in size.

I found the Glock had a harsher recoil even than the LC9 which I found a bit surprising and while I did well with the LC9, I shot like shit with the G43. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I only shot my G43 a few times after shooting the G43 and my G26 the same day I prefer my G26 over it by a good amount.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got about 1.5k rounds through my 43 and it is something with hot loads. With 115 grain I think it is mild, but put some +p stuff in it and hold on. Great gun though and very accurate. I've upgraded the trigger connector and had it stippled.

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G43 hurts to shoot?

It's 9X19, for crying out loud. Not exactly a hand cannon.

The G26 is a mild shooting ankle size pistol with its wide backstrap; the G43 only slightly less mild. It's a bit lighter, a bit thinner, but about the same.

If the G43 seems rough to shoot, then shoot it more. It won't seem that way for long.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The G43 hurts to shoot?

It's 9X19, for crying out loud. Not exactly a hand cannon.

The G26 is a mild shooting ankle size pistol with its wide backstrap; the G43 only slightly less mild. It's a bit lighter, a bit thinner, but about the same.

If the G43 seems rough to shoot, then shoot it more. It won't seem that way for long.

The G43 wasn't mine and it's owner also complained about sharp recoil. Don't know what ammo he used but I have no plans to buy one.

Yes the G26 is mild and so is the G36 I have.

To bad no one makes a rubber grip for the Polish P-64. Now that little 9X18 Makarov puppy is really snappy. Ouch.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Never shot a G43 but own a PPS and have shot Shields and don’t find either of those to be anything but fairly pleasant. Now a .40 shield has some pop to it but not the 9mm

Can the G43 be THAT different?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I don’t find the recoil all that bad on my 43, but regardless I’m not in love with the gun. I don’t know why I don’t like it as much as I thought I would. I love my Glocks, but carry my 42 about 99% to the 43 at maybe 1% of the time.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I don’t find the recoil all that bad on my 43, but regardless I’m not in love with the gun. I don’t know why I don’t like it as much as I thought I would. I love my Glocks, but carry my 42 about 99% to the 43 at maybe 1% of the time.

This is me. 100%

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't own a Glock (they've never made a weapon I particularly desired). Do own a 9mm Shield and P365 (Oct. mfgd.). I've shot both (back to back) with 124 gr. Gold Dot +P's.

The Shield was not unpleasant to shoot. I found the P365 was NOT a lot of "fun" to fire with the Gold Dots! Both shot equally comfortably with std. velocity 115 gr. thru 147 grain cartridges.

I have the Mag Guts +2 rd. extender on the Shield's 7-rd. mag. Giving 9+1 capacity to the S&W. Yes, the 10-rd. Sig "pinky" mag P365 is marginally smaller.
I believe the Sig is slightly better made and has better "standard features" (night sights, opt. 12rd. mag.) than the Shield.

However, if you consider today's "street pricing-- the P365 is not currently a 67% better handgun.

Sorry about the thread drift.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the Federal HST low recoil (micro)150gr.HP? Pretty soft shooting.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Have you tried the Federal HST low recoil (micro)150gr.HP? Pretty soft shooting.

I've run a 12 rd. magazine of the lo-recoil Federal 150 gr. micro thru the P365. It is comfortable to shoot and is (most likely) what I'll carry in the pistol.

Unfortunately, the Federal 150 grain costs me about $1.25/rd. (have to order it). Guess I'll try to work up an 800 fps practice load using 147 gr. Montana Gold's. I have about 2K of the MG.

My P365 has run anything I've put in it flawlessly (only 150 rds.) so for.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all have different needs and abilities. I personally have several health issues that affect my ability to shoot, including some damage to my right hand and arthritis. I typically carry a G42 in a belly band, in addition to a compact 9mm like a compact cz 75. In a pinch, it's just the 42. On a really bad day, it's a S&W EZ. It's all about needs and what you CAN do sometimes, not preference. Once upon a time I shot a 629 snub. No more.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I felt the recoil on my Glock 43 was much more manageable and comfortable than my P365 and P938.

I ran a TT plus 1 on my Glock 43 and still had to drop a pinky under the base plate. I could easily do 200 plus in a range session or class and be fine. Not so much with my P365. Ammo was a mix of standard pressure 147 grain HST and 124 grain Vcrown

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:

I've run a 12 rd. magazine of the lo-recoil Federal 150 gr. micro thru the P365. It is comfortable to shoot and is (most likely) what I'll carry in the pistol.

Unfortunately, the Federal 150 grain costs me about $1.25/rd. (have to order it). Guess I'll try to work up an 800 fps practice load using 147 gr. Montana Gold's. I have about 2K of the MG.

My P365 has run anything I've put in it flawlessly (only 150 rds.) so for.

My local Academy has the Sig 124 grain V-Crown for around 12 bucks a box of 20. Since 124 grain standard pressure HST is difficult to find at the moment, I went with it. I honestly feel it has less felt recoil. Could be me though, but through the P365, it was pleasant to shoot after 100 rounds.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't own a 43 or 365. The Shield (9) is very pleasant to shoot and I easily shoot 200 rounds at a time through it. No more harsh than my G19, just feels better in my hand.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I shot a co-workers Glock 43 the other day - I think I prefer the Shield to it.

It's accurate, and is a good carry size pistol, but I agree the recoil impulse was noticeably sharper, IMO, that the Shield.
(Think .40S&W in a Gen3 Glock sharp.)

It wasn't uncomfortable, per se, but it did seem to require more user input than my Shield or XDs for follow-up shots, etc.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post