SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a new "Wilson Combat" Beretta Brigadier
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new "Wilson Combat" Beretta Brigadier Login/Join 
posted
Apologies, I'm at the office and can't post pics now.

So, my "main" firearm (bedside, fun, IDPA, carry) is/has been a Sig Legion P226. In the last two years, I've put approximately 30,000 rounds through it. I only had ONE malfunction in all those rounds. It was a FTF during an IDPA match and with a reload. I changed out the springs at that point (about 5,000 rounds ago). Since this is my carry/bedside piece, I decided to get another pistol for practice to take some burden off the Legion.

If I was practical, which I'm not, I would have bought another Legion. I wanted the "fun" of something different though that still had a DA/SA trigger. After seeing so many comparisons between the Legion and the Wilson Beretta I thought, why not.

I put three hundred rounds through it last Sunday. Factory, Speer 124 gr. FMJ. No malfunctions. Great ejection pattern (for those that care....I do). Incredibly accurate.

I'm really in love with this pistol. I shot it very well (as well possibly as my Sig) on the first day. I used a timer doing my regular drills. I don't have a holster for it yet, so I don't know who quick I am out of the holster. I ordered a Wilson for it which will arrive on Friday.

If anyone is interested in my thoughts on the Beretta vs. the Legion, I'll post my thoughts. YMMV though of course.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
30,000 rounds is a ton of shooting for just 2 years! Only one malfunction is unbelievable! Congrats man on your new Beretta! I love the Beretta 92 series and the WC versions seem very nice. I also appreciate a good ejection pattern lol.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are absolutely awesome pistols! Did you opt for the action tune? It is well worth it. After buying my Brig Tac w/action tune and chrome silicon springs my P226 Legion sat in the safe, later to be traded off.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
30,000 rounds is a ton of shooting for just 2 years! Only one malfunction is unbelievable! Congrats man on your new Beretta! I love the Beretta 92 series and the WC versions seem very nice. I also appreciate a good ejection pattern lol.

Yeah...it is a lot of shooting I guess. I shoot about 300 to 400 rounds a week. I'm impressed by the one malfunction too. It was a failure to feed. It may not have even been the gun. First off, it was my reload. Secondly, it was my first IDPA match where I had to use a flashlight, so my grip may have been off.

Side note: my stage where I had to use the flashlight was an embarrassing display of pistol craft. :-)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
They are absolutely awesome pistols! Did you opt for the action tune? It is well worth it. After buying my Brig Tac w/action tune and chrome silicon springs my P226 Legion sat in the safe, later to be traded off.

yes...i have the action tune. I still plan on carrying the Legion at this point.

posted Hide Post
How does the accuracy and recoil compare to the full size 92FS?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
How does the accuracy and recoil compare to the full size 92FS?

Only "slightly" better on both fronts.

posted Hide Post
Very nice gun. I replaced the trigger bar in my Wilson Brig Tac with the one from Wilson Combat Ultimate Action Tune Kit and the trigger is even better now...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a holster Wilson sells a nice Kydex one made just for the Brigadier Tactical. Well made and nice fit .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilsons Low Profile II is a very nice leather holster also.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

good to know. That is what I ordered....with the shark trim.

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the holster I have for mine and it's a great piece.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in following this and seeing how it compares to me. I've been toting a Legion for the past few years myself and love it. I haven't shot it near what you have, maybe half that...at best. In fact, the past few months have been almost nothing. I need to fix that! Anyway, I've got one of the Wilson Brigadiers that I won in a contest, but haven't even put a round through it yet. Shame on me - priorities and all that...anyway, I plan on getting it to the range soon to see what I think. Mine doesn't have the action tune and still seems pretty nice. I'd like to get the action tune, based on what everyone else writes about it, but don't want to spend the $100+ just in shipping, added to the additional cost of the tune job, for a pistol I didn't pay for up front. Sounds silly...I'll get it over it at some point. I also hate mailing my guns around....

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
I'm interested in following this and seeing how it compares to me. I've been toting a Legion for the past few years myself and love it. I haven't shot it near what you have, maybe half that...at best. In fact, the past few months have been almost nothing. I need to fix that! Anyway, I've got one of the Wilson Brigadiers that I won in a contest, but haven't even put a round through it yet. Shame on me - priorities and all that...anyway, I plan on getting it to the range soon to see what I think. Mine doesn't have the action tune and still seems pretty nice. I'd like to get the action tune, based on what everyone else writes about it, but don't want to spend the $100+ just in shipping, added to the additional cost of the tune job, for a pistol I didn't pay for up front. Sounds silly...I'll get it over it at some point. I also hate mailing my guns around....

This is the solution to your problem - uses the WC Trigger bar which helps a lot.

https://www.langdontactical.co...g-beretta-92-series/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard great things about Langdons TJIAB also. The trigger job on my Elite LTT is awesome!!

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
While I haven't shot an Action Tuned WC, I own and have shot Berettas slicked by some well-known gunsmiths, as well as have a M9A1 with Langdon's kit in it.

I'll say that the Langdon TJIAB (Trigger Job in a Bag) is probably 95% of what you would get if you shipped your gun off.
It's easy to install and makes a huge difference in the feel of the trigger.

I personally went with a 12lb mainspring (pretty much as low as you can go and still get 100% reliable primer ignition) since I use that pistol for IDPA. 14lbs would be the perfect one for a carry gun, IMHO.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have heard great things about Langdons TJIAB also. The trigger job on my Elite LTT is awesome!!

plus, you have a great looking pistol.

posted Hide Post

Yeah.... I agree Wink!

Three of them actually!

posted Hide Post
I'd be interested on your thoughts in a side by side comparison between the 226 Legion and the Beretta.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Good info! Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:

This is the solution to your problem - uses the WC Trigger bar which helps a lot.

https://www.langdontactical.co...g-beretta-92-series/