SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson EDC X9?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson EDC X9? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never, and I mean ever, heard of a 1911 link pin breaking.

That's true, the link pin itself does not break, but the link-slide stop relationship is something that requires careful gunsmith
attention. The latest DW 1911 in 9 mm I had was fitted improperly (but very tightly), so that the link was oversized and caused regular failures. In the years past, I owned many 1911 pistols and some Colts and high-end ones had the same link-barrel-slide stop fit problem. Now I do not shoot .45ACP anymore, do not have any 1911 and do not want links in my guns.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just like all WILSONS , it’s phenomenal and has digested all types of ammo out of the box.

If you’re a fan of the 1911 platform, this is perfect with a double stacked higher capacity. Grips are modular for different hand sizes as well.

Wilson customer service is among the best in the industry as well...highly recommend

Posts: 258 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun.
Had mine for about a year and haven't had any issues (other than getting standard capacity magazines due to location).
No problems, no hiccups.
I just got mine back from Wilson for the RMR installation. Also had them install the mag well and a flat trigger.
Haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new set up yet.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've been eyeing one and considering picking one up, but now plan to hold out for the Dan Wesson DWX Compact, which seems to be a very similar concept with a much more palatable price tag.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/

Once the DWX drops and gets some reviews, I'll be better equipped to decide if the X9 is worth double the price.

I too am waiting for this Dan Wesson. Younknow it will be a quality firearm at a good price

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very happy with mine...just added a X9S.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctdw:

Do you have one in hand or ordered?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by ctdw:

Do you have one in hand or ordered?

Have it...got it last week.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Lucky dog! You have an inside connection at Wilson or just get lucky? Mine is still a few months away.

What are your thoughts so far?

Any chance we can get some pics next to a 365 and an X9? Especially from the back. I’m curious about the grip width.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

What are your thoughts so far?

Any chance we can get some pics next to a 365 and an X9? Especially from the back. I’m curious about the grip width.

Shot around 120rds this past weekend. It ran perfect on the 10rd mags (tried 3) but the trigger was failing to reset intermittently on the 15rd mag with extended base plate...it seems it's getting hung up when using that mag.

They don't have extra 15rds to order yet since they are waiting for more X9S baseplates. I swapped the baseplate to one of my other X9 15rd mags and will try again this weekend. It also may just need more rounds through it to break-in.

Will try to do some pics soon next to a X9. Don't have a P365 (yet) but can show it next to a G43/G43X.

Overall happy with it...very accurate and comfortable to shoot for a gun that size.