SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson EDC X9?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson EDC X9? Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
So for those who have now had one in the rotation for a while....what’s your take on it? I’m interested!

Thanks
Alex

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. I carried it until the 365 took its spot. The 365 is just too easy to carry.

I ordered the new EDC X9S and have been shooting my EDC X9 more in the last week and a half getting ready for the X9S. I’ll carry it over my 365 assuming it checks out.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine as well, better then my Spec-Ops which seemed to be an earlier version of it, the spec ops was also a great pistol but the edc x9 seems to be more refined all the way around. The takedown is much simplified. The trigger of course is excellent as are the sights which in all fairness were on the earlier one too. Mine is the version without the rail so it is very smooth.

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have a student that has one with over 25k through it with no issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto esdunbar: love the edc x9 (around 2000 rounds), ordered the X9s. Also love the 365 (5500 rounds).will alternate all 3.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture a high cap 1911 in 9MM that feels like a Glock 19 when held. If you can get over the sticker shock, they are very cool indeed.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing one and considering picking one up, but now plan to hold out for the Dan Wesson DWX Compact, which seems to be a very similar concept with a much more palatable price tag.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/

Once the DWX drops and gets some reviews, I'll be better equipped to decide if the X9 is worth double the price.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Much easier to take disassembly and assembly than the Spec Op. Genius insides. I like it a lot. My only reservation is that you can only use Wilson front sights as the cut in the slide is proprietary. The sights are a little small for my old eyes.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've been eyeing one and considering picking one up, but now plan to hold out for the Dan Wesson DWX Compact, which seems to be a very similar concept with a much more palatable price tag.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/

Once the DWX drops and gets some reviews, I'll be better equipped to decide if the X9 is worth double the price.

+1

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying mine almost every day as a duty gun (plainclothes) for about 20 months. Several thousand flawless rounds through it.

I love it! Fantastic pistols. Worth every penny I traded for it.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
$1800 is pretty steep for a cz and it needs an ambi safety but it is pretty cool.

I’ve shot a few edc X9s going all the way back to the first prototype. It’s a fantastic gun in Design and function.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
$1800 is pretty steep for a cz and it needs an ambi safety but it is pretty cool.

But $1300 Street price for a Dan Wesson that you can swap any 1911 safety lever on is a pretty good deal. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
$1800 is pretty steep for a cz

But is about normal for a Dan Wesson.

And that's MSRP. Street price will be closer to $1300-$1400, like other Dan Wessons with similar MSRPs.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Mine was a 50th Birthday present from my wife.

So many things I like about it.

The trigger and accuracy are outstanding, which is to be expected from a gun in this price range.

The angle, shape and feel of the grip are the closest to my beloved P226 than any other gun I’ve held to date.

It’s pretty easy to conceal.

Interestingly it is exactly the same size as my P320 Carry with the X Compact grip module, heavier by a few ounces, but the same weight as an X Carry with the grip weight in it.

I personally love the look and feel of the X pattern on the grip, but I’m not in love with it on the slide.

Now W.C. Has come out with their Experion line, which is basically the same gun, but with a more traditional looking slide, with more traditional serrations, dovetail front sight, and an internal extractor.

I’d love to be able to purchase the Experion slide for mine!

I wish it was easier to post pictures on this forum…

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

...Now W.C. Has come out with their Experion line, which is basically the same gun, but with a more traditional looking slide, with more traditional serrations, dovetail front sight, and an internal extractor...

...I wish it was easier to post pictures on this forum…

Here are a few of the Experiors...and I agree...very nice looking!

Full Size:

Compact:

Sub-Compact:

But alas, I unfortunately live in MA, where you can't legally buy one of these even if you wanted to. I can't wait to leave this F'n state!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Pinefd

Thanks for the help. But you didn’t include pics of the double stack guns.

I’d love to post some pics of mine, and some comparison pics.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
Pinefd

Thanks for the help. But you didn’t include pics of the double stack guns.

I’d love to post some pics of mine, and some comparison pics.

Hah! Sorry about that! Here's one for you:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does EDC X9 have a 1911 traditional link/link pin? If yes, it would be a big disadvantage over more modern linkless designs, including the one in the DWX. I am seriously interested in DWX. Smile

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
lol the linkage of a 1911 is time tested and works great. That post is a whole bunch of hyperbole.

As for comparing it to a DWX, my guess is that the DWX will prove to be a great lower cost option. I’m a huge CZ fan and will definitely buy a both sizes of DWX’s as soon as I can (I’ll compare the compact to the EDC X9), but Wilson will most likely prove to be a superior product to those of us who appreciate the fit and finish that goes into them. I have a couple custom CZ’s that rival my semi custom 1911’s, but the stock CZ’s and Dan Wesson are clearly not in the same weight class, so we have to be real in our expectations of the DWX.

I’ll be curious to see the slide width of the DWX. Does anyone know if they used a CZ width or a 1911 width? I’m assuming a 1911 width in all my above comments, but if they used a CZ width slide, then the EDC X9 will definitely stand apart.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
Does EDC X9 have a 1911 traditional link/link pin? If yes, it would be a big disadvantage over more modern linkless designs, including the one in the DWX. I am seriously interested in DWX. Smile

I have never, and I mean ever, heard of a 1911 link pin breaking.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post