SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got my CHiPs gun...Integral rail S&W 4006TSW
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my CHiPs gun...Integral rail S&W 4006TSW Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So it's not the actual guns used in the show but it is a California Highway Patrol gun. Serial number starts with CHP. These are being sold currently so I'm guessing CHP is moving to a new gun. Very few integral rail 3rd Gen Smith Autos ever hit he consumer market. I'm usually not a rail guy but on these I think they look badass. The gun comes with 3 mags and has typical cop wear. No night sights which I find interesting. These sights are definitely the original sights. The rail looks like a light was attached. Performed perfectly at the range. Not bad for $400. While at the range I got a CZ p10c as well.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
That is a very cool gun! I had dreams of getting an integral rail 5906TSW until I saw the price on them.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm not really a 40 cal fan but I really wanted the integral rail 3rd gen.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I'm not a fan of .40 caliber, yet I'm sitting here trying to justify one of these guns. Does anyone make a conversion barrel for the 3rd get smiths?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you get that at summit?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3rd generation Smiths are classics.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CHP is moving to the M&P 40 1.0 as their new pistol.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I fell in love with that gun when they adopted it. I too have no use for the 40, but I ordered a CHP 4006 last week. I figure it will go good with my 4006 CSP in Melonite Smile

I've been busy so I'll probably pick it up this Sunday. I did ask Mark if he could send one with a curved backstrap, so fingers crossed! (I hate the straight on third gens).

Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4506:

I haven't heard that. Last I heard on the grapevine was they convinced S&W to pull out the old machinery to make another run of the 4006.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Nice gun and the de-cock only makes it even better. I think Summit has already sold out but more shipments are on the way. Last I read, there will be thousands of these to hit the market.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
Nice gun and the de-cock only makes it even better. I think Summit has already sold out but more shipments are on the way. Last I read, there will be thousands of these to hit the market.

I was just about to ask this. Its a decock only, no safety?

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:

I haven't heard that. Last I heard on the grapevine was they convinced S&W to pull out the old machinery to make another run of the 4006.

For a "premier" law enforcement agency, they seem to pick weird guns to outfit their officers with. Do they all have to carry the issued gun or can they carry other guns on duty?

posted Hide Post
Cool gun for sure, almost makes me want to sell my 6906 to get one...almost.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Super jealous. Here is my CA State Parks 4006. It is a CHP spec gun. CSP piggybacked on the original CHP order in the mid 90's.

Your 4006 may have some friends soon, the CHP has elected to "upgrade" recently to the 9mm M&P.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Old machinery, nope. CHP is currently switching to the M&P .40 1.0

quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:
quote:

For a "premier" law enforcement agency, they seem to pick weird guns to outfit their officers with. Do they all have to carry the issued gun or can they carry other guns on duty?

All are issued the same gun "on duty", with certain units that have the choice to get a compact. 4006-4013 now the M&P .40 - M&P .40c
I'm taking primary sidearm, this does not include off duty or secondary weapons.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
4006 TSW, These guns have-
All stainless steel
Mag disconnect
Short reset
intergal rail
Decock only
scalloped front strap for leverage on mag if stuck
bobbed hammer

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I find the lack of might sights strange

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
CHP also requested no trigger return springs on these and the previous issue 4006. They have some odd requirements on handguns.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I find the lack of might sights strange

I agree somewhat. It is strange, however the hand held light or weapons light for positive ID really leaves the night sight very limited in use.

The new issued M&P's all have night sights.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
CHP also requested no trigger return springs on these and the previous issue 4006. They have some odd requirements on handguns.

Yes! That's something I've never gotten an answer to. Although I don't think it's the trigger return spring. That spring is definitely in there. I'm not sure of the proper term.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click