SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P938 problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P938 problem Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I have two, 2014 vintage, both will do this from time to time on some but not all magazines (I have several 7 rounders). I have had this happen a couple of times with an commandeer size 1911 as was mentioned earlier. I generally find it's how the rounds were loaded into the magazine. I have a learned to tap the magazine with my palm to make sure the rounds are all the way back in the magazine. This seems to have reduced the incident rate for me.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Used to happen with my P938. As time has gone on it no longer happens. Seems like there is a break in period.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the same issue with the older p220 magazines.

Sig fixed this by adding a simple dimple to the rear sides of the magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Sign fixed this by adding a simple to the rear sides of the magazine.

Adding a simple seems like an oxymoron to me. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
This was something that people used to whine about all the time with P220s as well. SIG responded to that criticism by putting an indentation at the top rear of 220 magazines to engage the extractor groove of the second round and keep it from moving forward.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Arghh... fat fingered it...

"Dimple" not "Simple"

Darn

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Sign fixed this by adding a simple to the rear sides of the magazine.

Adding a simple seems like an oxymoron to me. Wink

quote:
This was something that people used to whine about all the time with P220s as well. SIG responded to that criticism by putting an indentation at the top rear of 220 magazines to engage the extractor groove of the second round and keep it from moving forward.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Ditto here as well....happens less now than when the mags were brand new....

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Mine does the same thing as well as a few of my other single stack pistols. I don't give it a thought any more. It's just a quirk or a nature of the beast.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Mine does it too, with all of my 3 mags.

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I just got a 938 and it does that but thanks to the forum I am not worried.

------

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post