SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Snagged another German Sig grail P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snagged another German Sig grail P226 Login/Join 
posted
Took time and patience but I sourced a numbers matching, LNIB, German KH code two-tone Sig P226 WITH nickel controls. I have a W. German factory nickel P226 gun with older cardboard box and all black controls, also unfired but this version was my favorite besides all-nickel.

Doesn't have the sleeve to indicate factory nickel slide but that is irrelevant IMO; this gun is too spanking new in appearance to be anything but OEM and picture speaks for itself. Owner was a retired LEO who borrowed a friend cash in 98' and he traded this gun as collateral who never came back for it.

It appears untouched all the way around and it's not leaving my possession. Very happy Friday on a solemn day.

IMG-0975 by m b, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: indreams84,

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SWEEET!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful SIG, produced back in the 90’s. A very nice snag, enjoy it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Way cool.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A real Sig. Beautiful condition. You wont wear and tear it with some grease and ball ammo.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats!!!

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, feels good to obtain a 23 year-old time capsule! A different kind of excitement for sure than obtaining a new production gun.

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The excitement of a successful hunt. Congratulations on that beauty!
Any outer cardboard sleeve?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Been shopping for a P226 recently. While I don't think I'll find one as nice as yours, I did find out that having one just won't do.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Your new gun would probably like a soft pillow to sleep on at night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
That is a very sharp looking Sig.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty 226. Congratulations on the acquisition id84.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Half of the fun is the hunt. Congrats on your find.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Nice find,

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistola. I really like the 2 tone finish.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The excitement of a successful hunt. Congratulations on that beauty!
Any outer cardboard sleeve?

Thanks, no sleeve but about $700 I am not complaining! The gun was in a factory plastic sleeve when I opened up the case however. Very minor 'chin' mark on barrel which tells me this was barely fired, perhaps only at factory.

posted Hide Post
A group pic, in chronological order from 1991 to 2011. With a Sig P229 9mm Equinox Elite at the top.

IMG-0970 by m b, on Flickr

posted Hide Post
Nice group photo. Next you need to add a P220

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post