SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA to DAK conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA to DAK conversion Login/Join 
posted
Can the newer 229 pistols be converted to DAK? I'm eyeing a P229 SAS, but really want the DAK trigger system. If so, are the parts still available or would I have to send it to Sig?

Thanks.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be no problem. Parts are still out there and Top Gun has a list of parts needed for the conversion in the FAQ section on their site.

Another option for you would be to post a "swap" thread in the classifieds---your DA/SA for someones DAK. LE trade-ins can be found for around the 400 dollar region now.

Member Sigfreund has pics of the DAK compatible frames and some members here have the parts listed in a quick read format. I'm sure they'll be along.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/faq.html

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the DAK parts that you would need to swap out your DA / SA parts. Will trade you straight up for your parts if you wish. The parts swap is easy and you still use your same grips, all of the DAK's I bought had the relief for the decocker lever.

Email should be in profile

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just make sure your frame is compatible. I bought a new 9mm DA/SA P229-1 in 2015 with the intention of converting it to DAK. I just assumed all of Sig's current production frames were cut for DAK. Well I was wrong. I ended up selling it and picking up a used legacy P229 (new enough to have a USA made 9mm frame and not the P229-1 40 cal frame) that was compatible. To check for compatibility you will need to remove your right grip and inspect.

Photos from Top Gun Supply:

NOT DAK compatible

DAK Compatible

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post