SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Air Pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Air Pistols Login/Join 
posted
Anybody been playing around with the Sig Air Pistols? Thinking about picking one up.

Been having a hard time finding one with these specs:

- Realistic (ergos, sights, feel)
- Accurate
- Decent Trigger
- Rifled for pellets
- CO2

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Perfect replica of a full size P320.
First the way you load it was a pain. And was prone to jam.
Mostly, it was useless for hitting a target more than ten feet away!
I took it back where I bought it.
You can buy them directly from Sig.
Would I recommend any of these air pistols?
No!
Better off with playing with a .22 short if looking to use in a basement or some distant from a neighbor's house.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Anybody been playing around with the Sig Air Pistols? Thinking about picking one up.

- Accurate
- Decent Trigger
- Rifled for pellets
- CO2

Thanks!

Funny you ask... The M17 ASP was recently released. While the previous P320 was essentially a slightly updated P250, this is an entirely new model. Functional takedown lever (and the fact you can disassemble it), the "ejection port" opens, the safety is identical to the real thing, trigger is much improved (similar to a "real" P320, and quite good, considering it turns the magazine belt), the actual 20 round magazine locks into the "Magazine" body, which houses the CO2 and the mag release is functional.

I'm trying various pellets in it to see which it prefers, but so far I've found at least one that can produce sub-2" "one hole" groups at 5 yards, which I could never do with my P250 airgun.

Too soon to tell how it will be long-term, so far I am very impressed for the $120 street price.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by incogneato:
quote:

- Accurate
- Decent Trigger
- Rifled for pellets
- CO2

Thanks!

Funny you ask... The M17 ASP was recently released. While the previous P320 was essentially a slightly updated P250, this is an entirely new model. Functional takedown lever (and the fact you can disassemble it), the "ejection port" opens, the safety is identical to the real thing, trigger is much improved (similar to a "real" P320, and quite good, considering it turns the magazine belt), the actual 20 round magazine locks into the "Magazine" body, which houses the CO2 and the mag release is functional.

I'm trying various pellets in it to see which it prefers, but so far I've found at least one that can produce sub-2" "one hole" groups at 5 yards, which I could never do with my P250 airgun.

Too soon to tell how it will be long-term, so far I am very impressed for the $120 street price.

The M17 was the one I was thinking about, I think I'll go for it.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
I hope you enjoy it. So far, my only disappointment is the lack of spare magazine modules available, but I’m sure they’ll be out at some point.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

- Accurate
- Decent Trigger
- Rifled for pellets
- CO2

Thanks!

The Crossman makes a few that meet all of those specs. I used to have a revolver 20 years ago and it was accurate and had all of those specs. It only shoots pellets though.

https://www.crosman.com/airgun...pistol-c1911b-pellet

revolver with rifled barrel
https://www.crosman.com/airgun...s/vigilante-revolver

Another semi auto type pistol with rifled barrel
https://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-pistols/iceman-2

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
quote:

- Accurate
- Decent Trigger
- Rifled for pellets
- CO2

Thanks!

KWA Airsoft, green gas, blowback, 226 model and some extra mags. Mags hold 23 'rounds'. Accuracy is very good. Check one out at an Airsoft store. It looks and hefts like a SIG P226. You can use propane; green bottle with adapter and silicone oil. CO2 is ok but does get costly. Lots of info online. I have C02 for my Crosman 2240 and want a multi-pump to cut down on the cost of C02.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post