SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG SRT Kit Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SRT Kit Question Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if the SRT Kit for the P220 is the same as the P226 kit except for the addition of the decocking lever?

I found the P220 kit for cheaper than the P226 kit, and if the sear and safety lever is the same, I'll upgrade my P226s and have some spare P220 decocking levers.

Thanks.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Yes the sear and safety levers are the same in both kits.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the confirmations.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently the P220 sear is the same, but not in the past. P220's had a different sear when SRT became available. This required a different (Gen 2) decocking lever (actually it was a standard lever bent to activate the decock at the same point). Later the P220 sear was standardized with P226/P228/P229 & a 3rd Gen decock lever was packaged with the common sear.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
Might be worth noting there are 2 versions of the SRT safety lever itself, the old version has a shorter leg that contacts the sear, the newer version has a longer leg where it engages the sear referred to as the angled version. just in case anyone runs into function issues fitting the "old" SRT kit into a newer pistol.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post