SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX trigger update. I installed the
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX trigger update. I installed the Login/Join 
posted
KE SLT-1 trigger today and shot 100 rounds through it. The trigger pull is a crisp 4.5 pounds with zero creep. The construction and finish looks great. The gun functioned 100%. So far, I am very happy with the performance. I am looking forward to getting more rounds on the trigger to see if it stays consistent and reliable. I will keep all of you posted.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
What led you to the KE vs. any others out there? Did you have prior familiarity? Love my MPX and honestly had not thought about a trigger upgrade for it until just now!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm considering the 2-stage Timney as of now. I almost ordered the WC TTU but I don't feel all that placated in not having a bridging piece as part of the system. Wilson says their trigger is designed and made to handle the fast bolt action of 9mm blowback but I wonder if the MPX's action is different enough from that on an AR-9 that the bridge is made mandatory, even with the tougher and stronger metallurgy that WC claims for their TTU 9mm trigger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
What led you to the KE vs. any others out there? Did you have prior familiarity? Love my MPX and honestly had not thought about a trigger upgrade for it until just now!

Another forum member spoke highly of the trigger. Also when I started looking at self contained triggers this one was tested by the manufacturer on an MPX, as well as a little less expensive. With this trigger you can also engage the safety regardless of what position the hammer is in. In addition, their claims of faster split times proved to be true for me. I was consistently 6-7/100ths faster per target, during a 9 target string yesterday. It doesn’t sound like much but it took over 1/2 second off of my average times from the last outing with the factory trigger. And, if you are or have been law enforcement you can get a 10% discount.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I had a KE arms trigger in an AR15 once. I liked it quite a bit actually. At the moment, my ARs all have CMC triggers in them. I haven't swapped the MPX trigger yet, though. guess here's another option I may have to look into.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google the trigger and take a look at the review videos.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

posted Hide Post
I had such good performance out of the SLT-1 trigger that it ended up in both of my MPX's I am well into the multi thousands of round count on both MPX's, and have had zero problems. I was experiencing the occasional hammer follow by this time when I was running a Geissele SSA previously.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! It is good to hear that this trigger is made to last. Personally, I haven’t had this much fun with a pistol caliber carbine since I shot, professionally, on the smg team in the mid to late 90’s.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com