SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    any love of the Walnut Swiss Police P228 grips?...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any love of the Walnut Swiss Police P228 grips?... Login/Join 
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted
Well i just recently found out the Swiss Police made Walnut Grips made for the P228's ..i have found very little info about this and no threads anyone taking about this...i am told Sile or Nill was the maker of these....they seem to be well made...any help with more info will so be appreciated...God Bless,John
update...these were made by OEM Manufacturer for SIGArms wood grips was Morini Competition S.A in Switzerland..sorry for my confusion...thank u for the correct info...
here is a set i just got from a new friend...

i just got done refinishing these...i think they look a little bit better and put my flat latch back on and the original grip screws too...you gotta have those on a triple serial number gun'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: johnnyringo8769,

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sile, not Nill.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well thank u for clearing that up...any info u might know about these?...God Bless,John
it seems like these are not mentioned anywhere
were they not well made?
problems with them?...

1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Those were very popular here about 10 yrs ago or so. Nice well made grips. But on a few I saw they needed some lemon oil or something as they’d been sitting awhile and dry. I had 2 pr and got rid of one. Wish I still had them. They added a nice feel to the 228. IIRC they were available for other models of Classic SIGs too. Good score.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well thank u ....i thought they would have been some interest....never seen a set before i got mine...thank u for the great info...truly appreciate it...God Bless,John

1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military

Unknown....

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those grips pop up every now and then. I think Sile made them for P220 also. Good looking traditional stocks they are.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Sile. Numrich had them for around thirty bucks but looks like they are out of stock.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Not it’s not SILE. SILE was never a SIG supplier although it’s widly assumed to be on this forum. The assumption is wrong. OEM Manufacturer for SIGArms wood grips was Morini Competition S.A in Switzerland, neither Sile nor Nill. Posted P228 above has Morini grips. Nill became OEM manufacturer for Legend wood grips, but not before the introduction of this pistol.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well thank u for that great info...never heard of Morini Competition S.A....very cool...i truly appreciate it....God Bless,John
might u have any more info about these grips?...

1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military

Unknown....

Banned
posted Hide Post
look just like the Altamont grips that Sig uses, but with no logo for a clean look. Beautiful color and grain! They are pretty solid.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Morini Competition S.A. www.morini.ch is producing two of the most successful match pistols used for Olympic shooting. When somebody breaks a world record or wins a medal in a significant international pistol shooting tournament it’s either shot with a Morini or a Steyr. Either one has outperformed Hämmerli. Morini makes their own grips but used to act as OEM manufacturer for SIG to have their machine capacity filled. SILE grips look similar but are not as nicely made and are quite a bit cheaper then Morini grips. The collaboration probably ended about the same time when SIGArms was reorganized and entered the LO Group.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Those look to be a similar style to what came on P230 SL's as well. I have two sets...very nice grips (and factory)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well thank u again OTD for the great info.....i truly appreciate it...God Bless,John...i just checked out their website too...wow...

1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military

Unknown....

posted Hide Post
They look great but don't appear to fit any better than the Sile grips?

The Sile grips I have encountered were "dry" and less figured than those Morini grips though.-

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post