SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield 238? A little late to the party
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield 238? A little late to the party Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
http://www.springfield-armory....hsmi=59702338#PG9109

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
599$ msrp and laser grip options may make people pick up one over a 238, I do like the styling of this one and the kimber more than the sig...

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
Long external extractor.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m sure the street price will be closer to $500 or lower. I do like the Ameriglo Sights and larger trigger guard. I just think it would have made more sense to start with the 9mm version.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That brings up another point, when they do come out with the 9, what will they call it? The 911 9?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield 238, nearly same size as Sig P938 in 9mm. Larger than the much less expensive LCP II in .380acp.

IMO, two - three years ago, Springfield might have had a winner.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sig P238 and Kimber Micro .380 are internal extractors, vs this 911 .380 with the external extractor. If that matters.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The shop got the announcement package + the new Springfield dealer price lists this past Saturday. I wanted to shred 'em but alas, the higher pay grades wouldn't give me the pleasure. Frown

Interesting how for us that sales of the 238, Micro380 and Colt Pocketlite Mustang have slowed considerably since the 938 and Micro9 went live, just like how our G42 sales have become sporadic since the G43 hit the market. I don't see this one doing any better, but who know? There's probably a handful of SA fanboys still left out there who think that their wives need a .380...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt I'll ever see one at my LGS. They have a mess of Springfields that have red sale tags on them and they can't move them.
Interesting though but not so much in 380. I'd take the Sig 938 over this.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
With the 238 and 938 the beavertail wasn't big enough for me, handling them in the shop my natural high grip would get slide bite - BAD.

It looks like this has a bigger beavertail. If this fixes my issue I can't say I'd pass on a deal. That is, if the reviews are good for it.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Will wait to see what retail prices are. With MSRP at $599, I would suspect retail prices to be lower.

With the shit show of "2 mags and a bag" and a P238 coming with a dead rear night sight, I will not buy a new Sig again. This might be a great addition if the reviews are good and the price is right.

quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I doubt I'll ever see one at my LGS. They have a mess of Springfields that have red sale tags on them and they can't move them.
Interesting though but not so much in 380. I'd take the Sig 938 over this.

Are the sales good or just $10-20 off?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
G10 trigger? Interesting.

the overall package does nothing for me

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Don't like the external extractor, don't like the ambi safety. Suspect that its rear sight isn't as good as the P238's. And, as of yet, it hasn't endured the test of time.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Veridian Laser Grips have my interest. I would love a set for my P938.

Beyond that, I only have a passing interest.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've been following the announcement the last few days on social media. It seems the general consensus is that it is not being received well from the comments I've read. I don't have an opinion as it does not appeal to me. The same way the 238 didn't appeal to me. I haven't purchased a Springfield product in a very long time. I don't suspect I will any time soon unless I can get my hands on a Springfield Professional 1911 at a reasonable price.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie.

Oh man that's cold....but damn funny.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be late, but way better looking than anything SIG has produced.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post