SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm partial to the older Mastershops
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm partial to the older Mastershops Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bought one heavily discounted just like 453030’s and regret not buying a few more. Mastershop guns are probably doing better than my retirement accounts.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You have to wonder what SIG was thinking when they replaced the gen 1 B&W with the gen 2.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Not only do I shoot my X5 B&W, but I even carry it on occasion. No safe queen here!

Yeah, now that I think about it I might as well shoot it. Didn't buy it to let it sit. I'm a shooter, not a collector.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trust the build quality on these pistols. They are substantial. And in my hand, they feel so awesome. I tend to like many different handguns, but the Mastershops "feel" the best for me.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llama 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Not only do I shoot my X5 B&W, but I even carry it on occasion. No safe queen here!

Yeah, now that I think about it I might as well shoot it. Didn't buy it to let it sit. I'm a shooter, not a collector.

Ditto that. I shoot them all. I hate cleaning a few of the them ... but I shoot them anyway and then clean them well . . . and then appreciate them.

Posts: 493 | Location: Southwestern tip of Ecuador | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
A friend recently offered me his X5 B&W. I helped him source it 5 years ago, he put a few magazines through it, cleaned it, and it has been boxed since.

It is about to return to duty :-)

I would love to buy one like yours, but hard to find!

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
I would love to buy one like yours, but hard to find!

I'll be honest, I have not looked for them but know they are somewhat rare and pricey. This worked very easy for me, as the gun was purchased direct by a close friend and he was the only owner. It could easily pass as BNIB. I know he still has a PPC X6, maybe I should start planting some seeds...

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post