SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm partial to the older Mastershops
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm partial to the older Mastershops Login/Join 
posted
A friend recently offered me his X5 B&W. I helped him source it 5 years ago, he put a few magazines through it, cleaned it, and it has been boxed since.

It is about to return to duty :-)

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun. It's amazing. Mine pretty much sits in the safe because I am afraid if something breaks getting parts for it will be next to impossible. I wish I had bought a couple more x5's when they were somewhat available. Amazing pistols.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Wonderful acquisition. Congrat's.

I'm in the same boat as JonFrost...I have a pair of first Gen X-5's a 5" Comp gun and an All Around. I'm afraid to shoot the Comp gun, for fear of breaking something. So recently bought a CZ Shadow 2 to somewhat replace that gun.

Anyone noticed prices on X-5's lately? Borderline INSANITY...unless You are the SELLER.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The gen 1 B&W X5 is my favorite X-Gun. 9mm?

P. S. – I'm not afraid to shoot my X5 Comp. I think it's unlikely to fail until the round count exceeds 50K.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
I have the same gun. It's amazing. Mine pretty much sits in the safe because I am afraid if something breaks getting parts for it will be next to impossible. I wish I had bought a couple more x5's when they were somewhat available. Amazing pistols.

I get the sentiment. And these Mastershops are so gorgeous you really can enjoy just "owning" them. Alas, I know my days are numbered (not too soon, God willing, but they are in fact numbered at some point), and I use everything I have. I can't wait to get some rounds through this. It is a well made gun. I have many rounds through my P220 X6, all trouble free, and will continue to shoot both.

Hopefully I'll never need a part, if so, I'll deal with it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

I'm in the same boat as JonFrost...I have a pair of first Gen X-5's a 5" Comp gun and an All Around. I'm afraid to shoot the Comp gun, for fear of breaking something. So recently bought a CZ Shadow 2 to somewhat replace that gun.

Anyone noticed prices on X-5's lately? Borderline INSANITY...unless You are the SELLER.

Thank you. I checked my old emails, I had the chance to buy this same gun from the same dealer in 2012 for $2650. I passed, my friend did not. It cost me more now, but I'm very happy with the deal. This gun is brand new condition, all the B&P. I know it is collectible, but I am going to shoot it every chance I get.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! The gen 1 B&W X5 is my favorite X-Gun. 9mm?

P. S. – I'm not afraid to shoot my X5 Comp. I think it's unlikely to fail until the round count exceeds 50K.

Yes, 9mm. These guns are so nice in the hand, and so stout.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Thank you.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
X5 B&W

holy hell, I just looked at the one on gunbroker, starting bid of $6300??

Beautiful gun though.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The most beautiful X-gun = the Gen 1 B&W Cool

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
X5 B&W

holy hell, I just looked at the one on gunbroker, starting bid of $6300??

Beautiful gun though.

That's a Gen 2 (The Enhanced version). It's not going anywhere. It's been relisted forever.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A true classic to be enjoyed.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but it appears to me that the mag release button of your pistol is the standard P226 version, rather than the X5 extended version.

When I sent my 9mm X5 Comp to Robert Burke for his wonderful action job, I had him install a standard P226 mag release button (which I supplied). It suits me much better.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but it appears to me that the mag release button of your pistol is the standard P226 version, rather than the X5 extended version.

Not all Xguns have the extended mag release. The B&W has the regular one.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind remarks, guys.

The gun has not been touched since my friend received it, it came with that release. Suits me well, as I am a lefty and don't care for the extended button.

Q, I can't argue with you about the beauty of this gun. It's a work of art.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
quote:

Thank you. I checked my old emails, I had the chance to buy this same gun from the same dealer in 2012 for $2650. I passed, my friend did not. It cost me more now, but I'm very happy with the deal. This gun is brand new condition, all the B&P. I know it is collectible, but I am going to shoot it every chance I get.

Big congrats the Gen1 BW is just classic gorgeous..you've motivated me to shoot mine every time I hear another owner will shoot theirs vs keeping as beauty queen.

I figure as we age and only live once, what good is it to have a beauty queen in the safe that never was shot.

Congrats again , nicely done

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congrats to you!

I myself am partial to all German X 5 and X 6 models.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm afraid to shoot the Comp gun, for fear of breaking something.

These guns have lifetime warranty from Sig. I had FTE issue with my X5 Comp recently and Sig replaced the extractor. I assume Sig can still get parts to service the guns.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Not only do I shoot my X5 B&W, but I even carry it on occasion. No safe queen here!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post