SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig limited Capacity (10 round) Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig limited Capacity (10 round) Magazines Login/Join 
posted
So its probably safe to say NJ will be going from a 15 round capacity state to a 10 round capacity state in the coming months. Reason being a day before the FL shooting liberal super hero governor Phil Murphy was pushing for stricter gun control and then the FL hs shooting occurred and its probably in the books now. Anyway my question is how reliable are sig limited capacity magazines. Specifically the P320 Compact 10 rounders? I heard glock 10 round mags are not so great. It wont really apply to me now since im a LEO but for future knowledge. Thanks

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USCO160:
So its probably safe to say NJ will be going from a 15 round capacity state to a 10 round capacity state in the coming months. Reason being a day before the FL shooting liberal super hero governor Phil Murphy was pushing for stricter gun control and then the FL hs shooting occurred and its probably in the books now. Anyway my question is how reliable are sig limited capacity magazines. Specifically the P320 Compact 10 rounders? I heard glock 10 round mags are not so great. It wont really apply to me now since im a LEO but for future knowledge. Thanks

I'm in NY -- you have my sympathy. We've been 10-round forever. All I can report is that the 10-round 320 magazines for Full/Carry size work perfectly. I've never had a problem.

The magazines have dimples in the body that prevent the follower from going all the way down. It sucks putting 10 rounds in a magazine that should be able to hold 17, but that's life in the Empire State.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been my experience that Sig makes reliable 10 round magazines.

I am using some current production, Gen 4, 10 round Glock 17 mags for training and competition. They have worked well.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Ditto from California. All factory 10 round magazines I've purchased for my Sigs have been excellent.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im bummed out over going to 10, i always felt 15 was a nice compromise. Ohhh well in 13 yeara ill have to worry when i retire.

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
NY gun laws suck.
Never had problems with SIG 220, 225, 239, or 226 10 rnd mags

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found the 10 round Mecgar magazines work good. The last round is usually a pain in the thumb.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
The magazines have dimples in the body that prevent the follower from going all the way down. It sucks putting 10 rounds in a magazine that should be able to hold 17, but that's life in the Empire State.

I've already reduced a couple of 12 rounders to 10 by duplicating the dimples SIG puts in the tube. You need to support the tube by using wood shims to make sure it doesn't collapse, and you have to hit it very hard with a punch.

Also note that the dimples are placed at different spots on opposite sides of the tube, and you can still remove the spring and follower. Rounds, however can not go beyond ten.

Mine had worked flawlessly, but this should not be necessary now that SIG has ten round SC mags in stock.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I've found the 10 round Mecgar magazines work good. The last round is usually a pain in the thumb.

My CA 9mm P226 X5 Comp came with Check-Mate 10-round mags (the same mags that SIG supplies for ordinary CA 9mm P226 pistols). Those two mags work perfectly. I subsequently bought three more 10-round Check-Mate mags. With those, it’s a royal PITA to get the 10th round inserted. Would be impossible if I didn’t have an UpLULA.

Check-Mate limits the capacity by using a long mag spring that bottoms-out (adjacent coils are in contact) after the 10th round is inserted. I’m going to file down the bottom of the followers by ~1/64”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

My CA 9mm P226 X5 Comp came with Check-Mate 10-round mags (the same mags that SIG supplies for ordinary CA 9mm P226 pistols). Those two mags work perfectly. I subsequently bought three more 10-round Check-Mate mags. With those, it’s a royal PITA to get the 10th round inserted. Would be impossible if I didn’t have an UpLULA.

Check-Mate limits the capacity by using a long mag spring that bottoms-out (adjacent coils are in contact) after the 10th round is inserted. I’m going to file down the bottom of the followers by ~1/64”.

Intresting, mine are two piece, plastic bottom metal top. I'll have to check out the check mate ones.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm slowly going back to single stack to get ready for it. If I can't carry high capacity I'll carry less that make bigger holes.

Purple AZ is electing more liberal minded politicians with agendas.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been awhile since I've been on the board, due to back and hip problems. I've never had myself, nor any customer reported any problem with 10 rd mags for any model.

I plan to retire next month and going to close out remaining inventory, look for an ad soon. Have a fair number of high capacity and 10 rd mags for 226
(no hi cap 9; but have 10 rd) 229 (both 9 & 40 10 or 12 rd 40, 13 rd 8) 239 (no 9 40 & 357 available) 250 9 & 40 (Original first version ONLY, not second which are compatible with 320's, as well)

2 for $39, most in original blister pak and are
MecGar, limited to supply on hand!

Probably haven't been able to get first version 250's in awhile, now's maybe last chance?

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY MAGS!

Everyone is upset over Florida school shooting; and demonstrating students are determined to get some new laws or restrictions passed and may well get it?

Even before shooting 25 Republicans in the House have said they are NOT running for re-election,
putting future control of house in danger; not to mention much smaller margin needed to take control of Senate!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post