SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Bridge mount thoughts ? P220 Hunter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Bridge mount thoughts ? P220 Hunter Login/Join 
posted
I've been kicking around a Red Dot for my newly acquired P220 Hunter (Kryptek finish/adjustable sights). It's my understanding from Sig customer service that the Romeo1 is currently the only Red Dot for that specific configured model. Even that isn't available yet as they are coming out with a mounting plate specifically for the adjustable sight version. I was told a couple months wait time.

Today I discovered the Sig Bridge Mount. I find it a bit ugly and obviously not the best mount choice but I can't help think this might be a good option for my needs. This is a hunting only pistol. I like using adjustable sights for hunting but my eyes are getting older faster than I am! I wouldn't mind having the choice of using the factory adjustable sights or mounting the bridge mount/red dot set-up for hunts where I might encounter longer range shots.

I am new to handgun hunting. I was wondering if I could get some input regarding the bridge mount? There doesn't seem to be much info on it out there.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/bridge-mount.html

Cabelas has a great deal on a Trijicon RMR that is hard to pass up. That's what sparked my search today.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

Posts: 9 | Registered: March 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the exact same product about a year ago on one of my P226's. I'm a huge Sig supporter but this item is not good. The flex inherent in the material of the bridge makes it warp when you secure it tightly to the gun. There are much better bridge solutions out there.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mill your slide and move on. the other answers are cr**.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
I tried the exact same product about a year ago on one of my P226's. I'm a huge Sig supporter but this item is not good. The flex inherent in the material of the bridge makes it warp when you secure it tightly to the gun. There are much better bridge solutions out there.

Thank you. That's great info. I feel as you do about Sig products butI had my suspicions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Mill your slide and move on. the other answers are cr**.

Thank you. Generally I would agree with you but I prefer not to damage the finish of a camo pattern gun. I would rather purchase the factory mounting plate and Romeo1 when they are released before doing that. I was just inquiring about the bridge mount as a option for hunting only applications.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Majord,

posted Hide Post
Fair enough on the finish. Trijicon has a sig plate available so you can mount an RMR. Which IMO is way better than the SIG optic. I would think that would be OK for your use. The beef I have with this type of solution is that backup optics are usually not possible.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same request. I ended up going with the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro and a mount from EGW. The EGW mount plate has an option for the DPP. It does necessitate removing the rear sight. But Leupold sells an optional rear iron sight that fits on the DPP. Then all that is left is a taller front sight to co-witness.

http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-...for-sig-220-229-320/

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: June 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wbpo5l:
I had the same request. I ended up going with the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro and a mount from EGW. The EGW mount plate has an option for the DPP. It does necessitate removing the rear sight. But Leupold sells an optional rear iron sight that fits on the DPP. Then all that is left is a taller front sight to co-witness.

http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-...for-sig-220-229-320/

Do you have the P220 Hunter? (Kryptek/Adjustable sights)

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Over the last 15 months I've been asking Sig regularly about both the milled slide & Romeo optic for my own Kyptek 220-10.

The most common response they give me is "extensive testing...not ready....don't know when....sooner or later".....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Majord:
Do you have the P220 Hunter? (Kryptek/Adjustable sights)

I do. Mixed responses about whether it will fit. We're going to see.

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: June 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and no, the mount I was directed to order does not fit the Hunter. The dovetail cutout on the Hunter is MUCH larger than the male dovetail on the mount. Back to square one.

posted Hide Post
That really sucks. It's been my understanding all along that the P220 "Hunter" /Krytek pattern / adjustable sights is not compatible with any sight system on the market yet. Unfortunately I've read other forums where people/vendors offer options and they don't realize the Hunter is unique. It's not the same as a standard P220. Again I'm going from what Sig customer service tells me. I'm certainly no expert and that is why I've been hoping there was an alternative option such as the bridge mount for this specific configured model. As of now it's factory adjustable sights or the Romeo1 when Sig finally releases the new mount system.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The link to the EGW mount says specifically, in bold text, that it does not fit the P220 Elite 10mm.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
quote:
wbpo5l

I believe the screws in the mounting plate shown in the picture you posted would have tighten up the plate, once in the dovetail. Did you try installing the plate to see if that would work?
Just curious.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just talked to EGW Guns today. They FINALLY have made a base for the 10mm hunter. I was told they are made and will be available in 3 weeks online to purchase. They have been sent to be hardened and then available. Just figured I'd pass this great news along to everyone. I referred to a mount for the FF3, not sure what else they are offering.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 405itsmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
EGW Guns today

Did you get the base? Did it work? I've been looking too. I've actually contacted about 5 gunsmiths and they have all said they can mil the slide but when I take the gun to them they said it's different than the P220 they are used to and they are not comfortable milling it. Frown

Posts: 1 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mako has a bridge mount made of aluminum. Saw it on Amazon recently.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been following this string. I just bought the dovetail mount that fits the P220 elite hunter. I have a Vortex Venom on order. The two are compatible. So there is an option. But no co witness option due to the dovetail adapter plate positions the red dot way back on the slide.

Posts: 11 | Registered: March 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-...220-10mm/220-hunter/

Here is the link to the dove tail plate that will work

posted Hide Post
Has anyone else tried this set up and, if so, then please provide feedback on whether you like it or not.