SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Refinishing questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinishing questions Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is another former P225 of mine, bought from a SF member who had CCR plate the slide in original CP and refinish the frame in Ni-kote. Beautiful, I'd say. Cool
Note it's a little yellow due to lighting, but the slide and frame match perfectly.

That does look pretty nice. I've still got my well-worn, tired-looking P6 that I've debated many times about doing a refinish job to. But I know me; I won't go through with it because its wear to me says a lot about the gun. 'Original' ultimately counts for a lot in my mind, and when all is said I simply can't bear destroying that. Says the man who has no problem respraying a 'classic' collector car...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I had a HK P2000 refinished with NP3. Looked beautiful, but it was slick and made it difficult to get a good grip to rack the slide. The serrations wasn't deep enough.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
CCR did a few berettas for me few years back with cera plate slides and small parts and ni-kote frames. They came out looking great.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
CCR did a few berettas for me few years back with cera plate slides and small parts and ni-kote frames. They came out looking great.

Post some pics if they are regular shooters and not safe queens.

Posts: 88 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post