SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 stainless magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 stainless magazines Login/Join 
posted
Does SIG produce a SS magazine?
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by t20sl:
Thanks

No, except for the P220 SS mags. Wink

And, welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
I think also stainless 245 mags.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
There are factory nickel plated ones for the P226. When I was young and new to the game, I bought a bunch and thought they were stainless. Still looked good with my two tone P226 though.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar used to make nickle-plated 17-round magazines for the P226.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There are low quality, after market stainless mags for the P226 as I had a half dozen or so. Every now and then, you can find Pachmayr 15 round stainless mags for P226, 228 and 220. I would think those would be reasonably good quality with their brand on them. I think Mustang-Papa may be about the only Member here who has ever had Sig factory mags for a P226 in stainless.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
Mec-Gar used to make nickle-plated 17-round magazines for the P226.

They Still Make the Nickel Plated Mags

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Long time ago Pachmayr made some pretty good stainless 15 rd. mags for the P226 9mm. I found some after several years, not too easy to locate these days, but they work great.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Some folks really need to read the original question again. Razz
quote:

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
OK... Technically speaking...

Has SIG Sauer ever produced ~any~ magazine?

All of my "factory" P226 40 mags are made by MecGar in Italy.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
OK... Technically speaking...

Has SIG Sauer ever produced ~any~ magazine?

All of my "factory" P226 40 mags are made by MecGar in Italy.

Yes. All of the zipper back and dovetail SIG mags are made in Germany by Sauer and many have the Sauer triskleon stamped on them.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
There are factory nickel plated ones for the P226. When I was young and new to the game, I bought a bunch and thought they were stainless. Still looked good with my two tone P226 though.

Good for you on thinking ahead, I miss those days in the 90’s when Sig made them along with the zipper back mags and SWAT 20 round mags

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post