SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How is the HK P2000 compared to Glock 19?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is the HK P2000 compared to Glock 19? Login/Join 
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted
I’m considering trading my stainless Ruger Bisley Blackhawk convertible, 45 Colt/45 acp with a 3.75” barrel for a NIB P2000. My Ruger is pretty new as well and based on prices I’m seeing it’s pretty much a wash. I don’t shoot the Ruger much and the HK would be another carry gun. It’s been a while since I’ve handled any HK’s. This would be a face to face trade so I would get to inspect first. I’m just not sure I need the HK and the 19.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not exactly the comparison you're seeking, but...

I found that I shot a USP Compact better than the G19 by a good bit, with a comparative amount of time behind the 2.

Neither was as natural of a shooter for me as a P220/P239/P320 though.

Or, go into it with n+1 on the mind.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Slicker grip, less capacity, heavier trigger, expensive mags.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The only comparable thing they share is size. Hk isn’t exactly known for their triggers. The P2K is the safer of the two if you carry AIWB.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only comparable thing they share is size.

I'm not sure what exactly that was intended to cover in terms of the question?
In any case I really like the P2000. I've carried one for a long time. I've shot a zillion rounds no issue. The big advantage versus the glock is you can get a couple of different operating modes. Like DA/SA. And hammer fired. I would have no hesitation recommending one to anyone. Its well proven.
However, I have now switched to something else as I'm pretty much committed to having an RMR on my carry gun and that's easy to do on some guns but not easy on the HK but that's a story for another day.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
The HK being offered is a V3, so the SA/DA. I did confirm it only has 2 mags and the standard sights. I’m leaning towards passing on the trade to keep my Blackhawk then buying an HK at some point.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
HKs are solid dependable pistols. Personally I like the heavier DA/SA. It’s not meant to be a game or target pistol.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Think hammer fired Glock 19/23.

Magazines are USP compact mags and are not that expensive at all.
Recoil spring assembly is rated to 20k rounds
Ergonomics are FAR better unless you just cannot get by the paddle mag release. I love paddle mag releases but to many it’s a deal breaker.

Honestly it’s for guys like me who prefer da/SA over striker and want a Glock 19/23. I have both the Glock 19 and the P2000. I prefer the P2000 but that is just me. But the Glock 19 is pretty epic as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my P2000. I have the LEM trigger not the DA/SA. The above is true. A few less rounds, not as grippy texture, more expensive mags (but not crazy expensive). What isn't said is that it is a fantastic shooter. It comes nicely "melted", ambidextrous all around, and feels great in the hand.

I would rather shoot my P2000 than my G19. I always figured I would end up buying a spare one, never have but someday I might.

I would make that trade.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have both. It’s like comparying a sports car to a luxury car. Completely different vehicles that have 4 wheels. Both would be my suggestion. If that isn’t an option, buy the one that most closely matches your shooting collection and preferences.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I have both. It’s like comparying a sports car to a luxury car. Completely different vehicles that have 4 wheels. Both would be my suggestion. If that isn’t an option, buy the one that most closely matches your shooting collection and preferences.

I already have the 19, a 43 and a 21. I’m going to give the 43 to my daughter when she gets her concealed carry. For about $700 I can buy a p2000 with 3 mags and night sights. Might go that route instead

posted Hide Post
There isn't a 400+ pg thread saying "you will buy one" so... Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I really like the P2000; my wife has a P2KSK, and loves it. The G19 was cheaper for me, so that's what I have and use. The P2K, though, is a great, accurate gun.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
HK CS "Because you suck, and we hate you"
pretty god guns, just hope you never have to send one back.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK turned their CS around years ago and have become some of the best.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Do you honestly think the two pistols have anything in common besides size? Two different methods of actuation, capacity and one can be completely dismantled with a Bic pen. Hey, they are both black. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
The only comparable thing they share is size.

I'm not sure what exactly that was intended to cover in terms of the question?
In any case I really like the P2000. I've carried one for a long time. I've shot a zillion rounds no issue. The big advantage versus the glock is you can get a couple of different operating modes. Like DA/SA. And hammer fired. I would have no hesitation recommending one to anyone. Its well proven.
However, I have now switched to something else as I'm pretty much committed to having an RMR on my carry gun and that's easy to do on some guns but not easy on the HK but that's a story for another day.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both. Completely different ways to get the same job done. Carry the P2000 90% of the time. The other 10% split between a Nighthawk T4 or a pocket LCP.

I much prefer hammer fired carry guns.

Posts: 165 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you honestly think the two pistols have anything in common besides size? Two different methods of actuation, capacity and one can be completely dismantled with a Bic pen. Hey, they are both black.

OK so you are at least willing to acknowledge they are both pistols. right.
And both might accomplish the same goal of selfdefense. and the same color is available(at least if you get the black ones)and they can be disassembled.
So there you go. You have contributed to this thread a couple of key items.
For the record a ball point pen is enough for both. But I seriously doubt you have any P2000 experience given your lack of substance.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
This shit isn't rocket science.

Like striker fired? G19.

Like DA/SA or LEM? P2000.

HK is an HK. Overbuilt, reliable, accurate. Hard to completely tear down because, well, Germans make things complicated. Limited aftermarket stuff, but with Light LEM I don't think it's required.

G19 is the AK of handguns. Cheaper, simpler, and an aftermarket so robust you can build a G19 without any parts from Glock. Mags hold 1-3 more rounds on average than a comparable HK.

In the end, if you feed them ammo, line up the sights, and don't flinch like a little girl, they will put ammo on the target of your choice - assuming you train to do that.

Pick one, shoot it, get good. Wash rinse repeat.

Or stay on the carousel of handguns every day, week, or month.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ What he said.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post