SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Problem with Guiderod in Brand New Legion P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Guiderod in Brand New Legion P226 Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Thanks for the recommendations. I contacted Sig CS again and spoke to Paul. Now that is what I expect from Sig. I explained the issue. He said it sounds like a had determined the source by the process of elimination. Looked up my account and shipped a replacement part. He even asked if I wanted a new spring to go with it. I declined and he sounded surprised. My honest and integrity pays off once in a while. He also said the Guiderod is a Sig Produced part wich contradicts the info I was given earlier.
Problem solved.
Glad to hear it!
I believe the rod that ships with the Legion is a SIG produced part that is supposed to be made to the "specs" of the FAT but could be wrong. Sounds like worn out tooling to me...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
You may want to change the title of your thread as GrayGuns had nothing to do with the problem you are having

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
You may want to change the title of your thread as GrayGuns had nothing to do with the problem you are having

Done. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I hope the 2nd CS rep. will have a talk with the first.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad the second rep took care of what the first rep should have.

Why is it so hard to get results the first time?

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Maybe the first guy didn't get his coffee yet. I just realized he didn't ask for any info. Not my name, the pistol serial#, nothing.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Not shocked about the CS bit...pretty standard in any industry.

As much as we'd like to think SIG's CS guys and gals are "gun folks", I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority aren't.

I've heard with my own ears S&W folks tell people their Performance Center line had Apex parts in them.

I'm sure the rep knew something in the Legion was from Grayguns, just not 100% sure what, LOL.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Not shocked about the CS bit...pretty standard in any industry.

Yes, which is sad.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post