SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What slide finish...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What slide finish... Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
OP, have you considered a black DLC finish from the likes of Ionbond?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Ionbond sounds interesting as a company and they certainly offer a plethora of coating technologies they offer, but I would prefer to go with someone who specializes in firearms refinishing.

12131...that P228 looks really interesting with the "battle worn" finish on the slide. I think it would look even cooler if the whole pistol was done that way to give it a vintage, early 20th century battle worn 1911 look but then the grips might be a bit out of place and stand out too much with the white lettering. Ironically enough, those are the same aluminum grips as my P226 Diamond Plate except no white lettering.

I definitely continue being most interested in the "CPIIDII". Sounds like it's related to a Star Wars droid we all know and love. Wink

Let's see what CCR can share with me/us about it soon since it sounds like it would work well for me.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift, but I spoke woth CCR twice this last week about Cera Hide being applied to my newly acquired Rami. I believe I'm going to go with their "Tritanium" on the frame and black on the slide and controls. The pic below inspired me. Very friendly folks to deal with.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
That's a nice color combo dry-fly. I did my LCP and Beretta Tomcat in that color combo but the reverse.

I decided to go with the new CPII Dusk CCR is offering and the timing was perfect with them offering the refinish sale in the classifieds so looking forward to getting the slide and barrel back to see how they look and how they go on the frame. I'll post pictures once I get them back. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post