SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did anyone else buy a P229 357 Sig LEO trade in from Aim?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone else buy a P229 357 Sig LEO trade in from Aim? Login/Join 
Picture of Wreckless
posted
They looked good from the pictures and sold out fast. I grabbed one since I've always wanted a 357Sig pistol.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I did not buy one from Aim however I do own a SIG P229 chambered for .357 SIG and it is a great shooter.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
They looked good from the pictures and sold out fast. I grabbed one since I've always wanted a 357Sig pistol.

Was it as good as the pics?

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also saw that they had P226 DAK in .357Sig

That is on my bucket list: P226 in either .40 or .357 with the E2 grip.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm still kinda sorta in the market for a TDA P229 in 357 Sig--if the right one comes along for the right price at the right time (i.e.: I have money).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several .357 P229's, including a .357 P229 Legion. Some came that way, others were barrel changes. The P229 is perfect for .40 (which is great, given that there are a bunch of .40 P226' and P229's on the market at good prices). It's equally ideally suited for .357 Sig.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My P229R DAK came as a 40. Barrel change to 357sig. Great shooter with either barrel and with the 22lr conversion I have.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The 229 seems perfect for 357. I picked up a beater police trade in 229 and had CCR work some magic on it. It's a sweet shooter.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
quote:

Was it as good as the pics?

I'll let you know when I get it. They were released on Friday night so they haven't shipped any yet. I hope they go out early this week.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Good choice. I did not get one of these, but already have a 229 Legion in 357. As a matter of fact every Sig I own is 357. All fine mechanical devices worthy of miles of smiles.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Great combo. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hopefully, you'll get a good one. Keep us posted.

I don't shoot mine very much. I tend to practice mostly with the 9mm pistols I'll use at matches.

I started reloading last year - 9mm, 45acp and 38sp. I'd like to try loading for 357 Sig but it looks like a PIA.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Wow, besides being dirty the pistol was in very nice shape. Bonus points for the matching Sig box though it was empty. Here is a pic of her. It may be a bit before I can fire her. The issued officer's name was on the box and I'm trying to track him down, The pistol was manufactured in 2004. And the night sights still glow!

La Dolce Vita

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
229 in 357 is a fantastic shooter

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, besides being dirty the pistol was in very nice shape. Bonus points for the matching Sig box though it was empty. Here is a pic of her. It may be a bit before I can fire her. The issued officer's name was on the box and I'm trying to track him down, The pistol was manufactured in 2004. And the night sights still glow!

If the tritium sights are still good after 15 years they almost certainly have been replaced.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did. It was in great shape with matching box and papers too. Quite pleased.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I tracked the issued officer down online and chatted with him. He did confirm that this was his duty issue pistol. The PD was Little Falls In Northern NJ. Small world as I was also a NJ police officer for 31 years.

La Dolce Vita

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Nope, but I bought mine from my agency when they transitioned to 9mm's. It's a DAK, had it since about 2012, I've shot the crap out of it, simply a great, great gun in a fantastic caliber. In fact, we can carry some pistols/calibers other than what is issued, so I just kept carrying my P229 in .357 Sig and left the new P320 in the box.

If it ain't got a hammer, it ain't a real gun, LOL!

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s the Montana Highway Patrol Standard Issue Sidearm LOVE LOVE.

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up !
I've bought four pistols from AIM.
All were fine and as described or better.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you go in to AIM, they will let you pick from like 3 or 4 different ones.
Problem is that you pay tax then.

I figured they would all be DAK, but it is a nice look one.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post