SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OLight PL-2 from Blk Fri finally came
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLight PL-2 from Blk Fri finally came Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
It looks to be a pretty solid WML, I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s nice and bright with a pretty intense “hotspot”. Seems to be well constructed. It was definitely worth $49 and I’d dare say it would still be a bargain at the $100 normal price. Any one else’s come yet?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is quite the repel boarders setup there.

Once you get some rounds on the Olight let us know your thoughts, how it holds up.

I had my SP01 out recently and damn those things are almost like cheating.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Will do! You’re not kidding with the accuracy. If you even remotely do your part these CZ’s will put out tight groups.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I also took advantage of the sale @ $49. Great light, I should’ve bought a few!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hm...at half the cost of the two TLR-1 HLs that I bought recently ($89/per before tax) it would've worth it to try at least one. I have not been a fan of the durability of Olight's flashlights that I've owned but this Valkyrie keeps getting rave reviews.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range with the setup in the OP. Not much of a test, just a couple of boxes of FMJ, but the light held on tight and still works!

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I got mine as well, and agre with your assessment.

I was tempted to buy another when the deal was repeated this week but really don’t need another one.

The little single AAA Keychain light is pretty impressive too!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I bought two of the small Valkyries at that sale price. Those things are great too. I now have three, I’ve had one on my Rattler for a while now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gibby29,

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Mine should be here Saturday, same day I pickup up my Glock 26. Thinking I need a range day in the near future... Still deciding whether I should put it on my 220 or 226.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
I bought two of the small Valkyries at that sale price. Those things are great too. I now have three, I’ve had one on my Rattler for a while now.

I just got a mini valkyrie for my G19. It's just a sweet light. I am very happy with it so far

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I already have one, but really like it!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I have a few too. They fit well, function well.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, definitely looks like a nice light. Excited to see how it holds up likely on my 226 in .40.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yep. I ordered two of them. Great deal!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Got mine too, but haven't tested it out yet.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Got mine and I'm impressed so far. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it on a pistol yet, but I expect it will do well.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like I’m going to have to rescind my green light on the PL-2. Somehow it’s draining batteries dead while it sits (turned off) in my safe. This has happened to 4 batteries in less than 3-5 days. No response from Olight, so I took it to their Facebook page. We’ll see how they handle it.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Contact O-Light CS for return / exchange
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well it looks like I’m going to have to rescind my green light on the PL-2. Somehow it’s draining batteries dead while it sits (turned off) in my safe. This has happened to 4 batteries in less than 3-5 days. No response from Olight, so I took it to their Facebook page. We’ll see how they handle it.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have one, a buddy has one too, we've tested them in the cold, they don't function well, personnaly i don't like the lateral switches they are too far for my fingers. My M3 function flawessly and the switches are ideal for me.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Contact O-Light CS for return / exchange
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

I did contact them as noted. No response, that’s why I took it to their FB page.