SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Takedown level
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Takedown level Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I have several P320s. None of them are easy, but the VTAC and the X-Carry are a real bear. Almost impossible to turn. I had to use a nylon hammer and a plastic piece to get it to turn.

I read one link here regarding "wiggling" the guide rod. That was a non-starter. Can't get that to work.

Anyone have any other tricks?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes mine is easy to turn. Sometimes it is impossible. The trick for me is to push the guide rod either up or down. Down works more often, but sometimes only pushing up works. Once I do that, it turns pretty easily. Very weird.

Posts: 117 | Registered: March 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
On sig Armorer web page he shows a jig he made from Delrin. Uses it for 320 takedown levers. You could use any durable plastic.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My 320c 45 take down lever moves easily. My 320c 9mm was so hard I thought I would cut my finger taking it apart. I've since traded the 9mm (for a different reason.)

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
On sig Armorer web page he shows a jig he made from Delrin. Uses it for 320 takedown levers. You could use any durable plastic.

Where is this?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Sorry..it’s on his Facebook page. Here’s a pic of it.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Anyone have any other tricks?

When I had this problem, I think I went for the Knipex Pliers Wrench.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I just grab it and push with both thumbs.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Burke should probably refine his design a little and sell the thing.
I am in for 10 bucks or so.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hm. I've not any problems with the takedown lever of any 320 myself. Took down a X-VTac for a customer a couple of days ago; didn't seem all that different or any more difficult from the 320C that I used to own. And when we still had the 320 X5s in the shop I took the floor model apart to look at the trigger group with another customer; a little sticky perhaps but I chalked that up to the gun being new.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are stiff from being new , I just put a drop of Zero Friction on the O ring and it gets better ..

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strangely, my brand new in the box M17 lever is fairly easy to turn, while the one in my P320 carry with hundreds of rounds fired is still stiff.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have also said that my TD lever, which was virtually impossible to turn at first, has now loosened up to move normally.

Posts: 117 | Registered: March 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
put me down for one.

Posts: 24 | Location: texas | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Someone should just make a little wrench like a plastic 1911 bushing wrench. Wilson Combat 1911 wrench are like $4.95.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Put the baseplate of a P320 magazine on the top of the lever and rotate itdown that way. It works great.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post