SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Two Recent Purchases In Over Two Years
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Recent Purchases In Over Two Years Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
Arthritis in my neck and shoulder has finally got bad enough that shooting a rifle more powerful than a .22 LR is a no no unless I want to deal with painful muscle spasms, so I have been on a revolver thing lately. A month ago I bought a Ruger GP100 in .357 Magnum and 3 weeks later a Rock Island M200 in .38 Special thanks to hickock45 on the M200. Have not shot the M200 yet. Today was to be the day, but it’s raining for the first time in over a month. LGS as a purty S&W Python for $2500, but that’s a bit much out of my price range. I haven’t even asked to look at it. I’m afraid to leave finger prints on it. Below are my two new purchases.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
.38 Spl wadcutters in that GP-100 will feel like a .22LR. I’ll have to check out Hickok .45’s video on the M200.

Happy shooting!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Hopefully someone will buy the Python before you go back to get it. Wink

I got lucky that way more than once.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
.38 Spl wadcutters in that GP-100 will feel like a .22LR. I’ll have to check out Hickok .45’s video on the M200.

Happy shooting!

I load semi-wadcutters in .357 Magnum but don’t reload .38 Special. Once I shoot up the 2k+ rounds of .38 special I have on hand, I’ll try some, but I do like some recoil. .22 LR just lacks in that department. Big Grin Here is the link to hickock45's video. It’s only a couple of weeks or so old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E83jCrdi6EQ

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Nothing but good stuff with that GP100. Hoping the other is fun to shoot, also. Looking forward to hearing more.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I put 50 rounds thru the Rock Island M200 today. What a fun gun to shoot. I was even able to hit the target in double action. This gun has become my current favorite. Can’t wait to shoot it again. Ruger has shipped my GP100 back to me. Hopefully, any signs of rust is gone.

---------------
Gary

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Wingspar!

I hope Ruger does right by you with your GP100. I've got a New Vaquero that shit out the pawl on the second range trip a few years ago and now the front sight is wiggly. It's going back to get made right (I hope) soon.

I saw your picture of that pistol in another thread where you posted it and felt bad about the finish. My stainless had, and has uneven and obvious polishing inconsistencies all over it. Some parts look almost nickel, and others look almost matte chrome, for instance, right around the front sight that's about to fall out. Yet the edges of the grip frame on the backstrap are unevenly rounded over because someone kept at it too long on the buffing wheel, so I can either ask them for another grip frame or fit my custom grips to a boogered grip frame. Ugh....

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I got my GP100 back today. They did a nice job. New polished bluing. Looks really nice and the machine marks are no longer visible thru the dull horrible bluing that was on it when I got it brand new. Their Quality Control Dept needs to talk to their Customer Service Dept. They might learn a thing or two.

---------------
Gary