SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Commemorative came home Time to break its cherry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Commemorative came home Time to break its cherry Login/Join 
Picture of FotoTomas
posted
I picked up my new M17 commemorative yesterday and am planning to send a couple of hundred rounds of 9mm NATO downrange today. My plans were to have "The NEW ArmyGun" replacing my Beretta M9 as my regular multi-gun match pistol with my Colt M4 carbine for local competition. Several friends at the local gun shop were arguing against firing her as the commemorative is a limited edition unlike my M9 which was a basic item in the Beretta catalog. I see their point but confess the pistols in my house are shooters not collectibles. I wanted an accurate M17 with the full military markings and the "other" P320 M17 might be the same basic pistol but it is different enough to not appeal to my martial arms passion.

Planning to get the new Safariland holster issued with the M17 to round out my kit.

Keep your weapon handy, live free and prosper.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the same way , I was on one the day after they shipped and made a trip to get it . I have around 400 or so down range with no problems .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one myself #0486 $975+tax and plan on shooting it soon. The LGS asked if I were planning on shooting it. I said yes. He replied well it’s your gun. I have a feeling Sig will make a M18 commemorative too. Have you shot yours yet?

Posts: 16 | Location: WV | Registered: July 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to hit low with mine , I have a Compact and Carry frame L/E package gun and it hits like a lazier beam. I seem to hit low .

Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
Mine shoots better than me and hits to point of aim. Two hundred rounds downrange of hopefully thousands.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've wondered what sight picture SIG was providing to the Pentagon. The so-called 'Combat' like the civilian world gets? Or POA, like so much of the rest of the pistol world provides?

I do have a tough time with the idea that the civilian world has to pay ten large for the same gun that the Army forks over just over 200 taxpayer dollars for. But I suppose if it makes you happy...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will keep trying the gun out , but I hit low with and its me . I have other Sig guns and they are right on .

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Your pitchers suck Razz

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran another 50 to 60 rounds tonight and I am getting better with the sight picture , like I said it seemed I was hitting low .

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I ran another 50 to 60 rounds tonight and I am getting better with the sight picture , like I said it seemed I was hitting low .

Hitting low seems to be common for the M17. I've got a #8 front sight ordered, which I am hoping will correct it. I'll post the results once I've had a chance to install and test.

BTW... where's the picture?

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
I am traveling and will post a few when I get back.

posted Hide Post
I will watch for your post on hitting low . Even with the Sig Combat hold its a little low , mine has 8 on the front sight.

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will watch for your post on hitting low . Even with the Sig Combat hold its a little low , mine has 8 on the front sight.

Yours came with an 8 front? Mine came with a 6; switching to 8 took care of the low issue.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats odd , maybe its me . What should a 9mm gun have ????. I will look at mine again to see what that number is .

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thats odd , maybe its me . What should a 9mm gun have ????. I will look at mine again to see what that number is .

Typically 8F/8R for 9mm, but can vary on individual guns. I was surprised to see 6F/8R on my M17, and assumed they were all shipping that way with several reports of shooting low. What # sight is your rear?

Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
Mine is 8F and 8R. It shoots pretty much on the money for me but I have not yet had anyone else give it a go.

Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
This is the pistol after several hundred rounds with a little wipe down.

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FotoTomas:
Mine is 8F and 8R. It shoots pretty much on the money for me but I have not yet had anyone else give it a go.

As it should. I have no idea why mine came with a 6 front, but I always replace Siglites anyway, so it didn’t cost more than I was expecting to spend. Had it been an XRAY3, I might have asked Sig to replace it with the proper size.

BTW- I just saw your Safariland comment... are you aware of the sale through the end of this month?

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FotoTomas:
This is the pistol after several hundred rounds with a little wipe down.

Looks great! I’m really hate that I missed the boat on those!