SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DAK improvements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK improvements Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever sent their DAK equipped pistols to places like Gray Guns or Robert Burke for a trigger job? I'm wondering if those that have feel that the improvements if any were worth it.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I had Sig do a conversion to a 229 from DA/SA to DAK with their AEP. Very happy with the results. I’ve sent many guns to Robert Burke, but never a DAK. I would bet he would work miracles on it.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have with DAK is the trigger on all of mine seem "bumpy" (not gritty) and I'm wondering if that bumpiness can be eliminated or reduced. It only really occurs in the long or first pull not the reset.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a Sig DAK for more than 10 years and sh0ot it as well as my other sig's which are da/sa.
Most admitt though that I carried a revolver on duty for years before the Dept went to the Sig P226 da/sa so the DAK was easy to adjust to for me.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Asking Grayguns or whoever else would be best, but as I recall some time ago Bruce said that there wasn’t a lot to improve with the DAK trigger. During the long reset trigger stroke the trigger bar rides on a semicircular extension at the bottom of the hammer. Those surfaces could therefore be polished some without producing any sort of unsafe condition, I believe. I’ve done it a time or two, but stopped after it didn’t seem to make any noticeable difference.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK,thanks Sigfreund.

posted Hide Post
Just wondering aloud, what grips do you have on it? My SP2022 seems to have some "bumpiness" that I attribute to the mainspring rubbing the grip as it compresses.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Has anyone ever sent their DAK equipped pistols to places like Gray Guns or Robert Burke for a trigger job? I'm wondering if those that have feel that the improvements if any were worth it.

How many rounds have you fired through this gun? I’m not a big fan of the DAK trigger but I have fired several with very high round counts and I had to admit the trigger was very smooth.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock grips. About 7-8K rounds.
Edit to add- I'm not complaining about the DAK trigger, I was just wondering if it can be improved. All of my DAK pistols have that bumpiness I mentioned, even the ones with a high round count. I suspect that it is simply the way they are. No big deal, as I said, I'm just wondering if they can be improved.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I agree that having a brief conversation with Robert or Bruce is a good idea. Both fine gentlemen who will guide you and not sell you. I can tell you that Robert did a carry level action job on my DAK 224 and it is a VERY noticeable improvement over the stock DAK trigger.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I agree that having a brief conversation with Robert or Bruce is a good idea. Both fine gentlemen who will guide you and not sell you. I can tell you that Robert did a carry level action job on my DAK 224 and it is a VERY noticeable improvement over the stock DAK trigger.

Well then, you answered my question Cobra. I REALLY like the DAK system but have always wondered if I would be better served by converting it to DA/SA. Before I did that however I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience regarding DAK improvements. Now it's off to Robert Burke for my beloved 226. Thanks Cobra.

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I look forward to hearing about the results when you get it back.

Did you measure both trigger pulls as a baseline before sending it in?

My P226 started out as a DA/SA, I had sent it in to Sig for their action job, but after my department switched from a DA/SA platform to a striker platform, I decided to convert it to DAK.

I paid close attention to the areas that Sig had polished on the DA/SA parts, and polished the DAK parts myself.

With the combination of a 17lb mainspring, a GGI safety plunger spring in the slide, GGI P-SAIT trigger, and my polishing, I went from 6lbs 12oz on the initial pull, and 8lbs 14oz on the reset, to 4lbs 10oz and 5lbs 9oz off the reset.

It has a super smooth trigger pull, so smooth that people have commented that it feels like the trigger is on ball bearings.

Needless to say I love the DAK setup.

I've been looking for an inexpensive P229 to do the same.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

Well then, you answered my question Cobra. I REALLY like the DAK system but have always wondered if I would be better served by converting it to DA/SA. Before I did that however I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience regarding DAK improvements. Now it's off to Robert Burke for my beloved 226. Thanks Cobra.

Got a call from Robert today that my TT 220R Carry DA/SA is ready. Had him do the carry level action job on it. Under 14 days. Gotta' love it.

Please update if you do your DAK as I'd like to hear your thoughts. Also, really focus on the "current" trigger so that you have a good mental comparison when you get the enhanced work done.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce did two of my guns. He called it the HYBRID DAK enhancement package. I actually have his original DAK P220 test gun that he did this work on. 5000 plus rounds thru it with his enhancements ..... fantastic. Also did a P229-9mm.

quote:

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two P239’s. A 357 SIG and a 9mm.
The trigger on the 9mm has a noticeable hitch in the trigger, when dry firing. I discovered it’s when the firing pin safety lever engages. The slide is looser on the 9mm. I can actually feel the slide being lifted when the lever cams up.

With a magazine in the gun with rounds in it, you can’t feel it as it holds the slide up.

It’s not huge, but noticeable.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DAK forever!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post