SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you can only have one
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you can only have one Login/Join 
posted
I started to carry a Shield 9mm recently and happy with it, but I need a full size handgun to carry when clothing permits it. I'm sticking to 9mm and full size, if you knew that your life depende on it witch would you chose to have with you?.

Question:
Do it all handgun that you can trust your life on?

Choices:
Glock 17 gen 5
Sig 320 full size
M&P 2.0 4.25 9mm

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Glock. But it would be G4.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I didn’t vote, but if you are happy with the Shield, I’d suggest the M&P for similarity.

I think all would work really is personal preference, feel, and how well you shoot them.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Same. Better for training to stay with same group of controls. The Smith.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue with a G17

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 gen 5 would be better than 17, but i carry a Walther pP99 in winter Shield in summer.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Full size? Beretta 92FS/M9. Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
1911, I don’t do plastic.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Gen5 G17. I don't do unneeded boat anchors of steel. Wink

If I do buy another plastic fantastic anytime soon, it will be either the Gen5 G17 or the G19X. The tall grip without the finger grooves just fits and balances right, better than the Gen5 G19.

Because I'm so ingrained with Glocks the 320 doesn't point well for me, which conversely should be a consideration for you and your own Shield tendencies and training. Between the 2.0 and the SIG, I'd pick the S&W every time. Seems to me that in your case the Glock would be the odd one out.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Glock 17gen 5. It carries better than the other two and though the others are fun to have, G17 for all its ugly looks will never fail.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Not on your list but I would go Glock 19 then M&P Compact in that order. For me the 320 and G17 are too big for comfortable daily carry.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
If I'm me, it's a Gen4 17 or 19. If I'm you, already owning a Shield, it's the M&P.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
glock of course
and on the way home you swing by the gee gaw shop, pick up a couple of things for it .
then tomorrow you send away for a doo dad or two and have them fitted on it .

then after 500 or so rounds you are going to want to "up grade" with some thing a ma jiggs.

before you know it you have the perfect gun.

until you want it stippled , then you are all done Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are not my choices.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Do it all” and full size defensive handgun are exclusive terms!
I have many purposes for my handguns only partly which is defensive. The gun I carry in shorts and a t shirt in 90+ degree weather will not be the same one I use at a bullseye match or steel challenge match, and the big gun I can conceal in winter is not realistic for summer carry.
My dear old dad used to say guns are like golf clubs you won’t do very well trying to run a course with only a putter! Many pistols many purposes. My personal reality is I would be hard pressed to get by with anything less than 7 pistols.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of those listed, the GLOCK, of course.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 17 gen 5 it is.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SInce they all have a great reputation for reliability as well as great aftermarket support and since I haven't shot any of those...I'd rent/borrow 1ea. and choose the one I shot and liked best.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
No poll vote but I carry a P320F for work and I’m okay with that. If I had my choice of full size 9mm to carry it would be HK USP. That gun in any caliber just does it for me.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post