SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    38 Supers Popping Up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

38 Supers Popping Up Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
I have noticed lately that an inordinate number of Sig 220's in 38 Super are popping up for sale. Also a few 9 MM's. Some are bringing outrageous prices. Any thoughts? Maybe people are returning to "old world craftsmanship".

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
I have noticed lately that an inordinate number of Sig 220's in 38 Super are popping up for sale. Also a few 9 MM's. Some are bringing outrageous prices. Any thoughts? Maybe people are returning to "old world craftsmanship".

My 9mm 220 (PW conversion from a .38 Super) is the best shooting gun I own. The lack of, and cost of, .38 is why I would much prefer the 9mm.
Feels great in the hand too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I bought my P-220/.38 super from a Forum member a few years ago.

I actually shoot it better than my P-220's chambered for .45 acp.

I do watch P-220's/.38 Supers on GB. Yes, there are some who ask very high prices. Not sure if they sell for those prices or not.

The mags are expensive as well, thankfully between the Seller and TGS, I was able to secure 10 mags.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:

Like Steve, I always keep an eye on GB for them. Both 9mm and .38 Super seem to come available in spurts.

Not surprisingly, it always seems that there's a rise in listings after one fetches an unusually high sale price.

.38's have always brought a lot of money. Rarely have I seen them sell for less than 1K.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lucky for me, the big-book-o-gun-values doesn't differentiate between calibers. I was able to snag a European .38 for $705. A local shop has .38 Super for $16.50 a box.

Works great in the 1911 and Glock too. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a guy at our club who often shoots an IPSC match with a Sig 220 in 38 Super with Winchester Silvertips. It's a blast to watch.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Ok, obligatory pics.

I originally wanted a Factory nickel, American P-220/.38 Super.

Although they did make them, I soon realized if I had one, I would not want to shoot it, because they are not very common.

So, I did the next best thing. A forum member knew I wanted one and had one to sell.

I bought it, then sent it and 10 mags to CCR to have it refinished.

While I like all of my P-220's, this one is special.

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...ps5df51cc6.jpg[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...ps84a91b0c.jpg[/IMG]

Edited, Grrrrrrrrrrr, PB is acting up again.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
For Steve >>

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I need to use something other than PB.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
For Steve >>

I'm in LOVE!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Now that it has ended, I will respond to one that sold on GB.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/643534401

I did not mention it while the auction was active, just in case someone here (besides me) was bidding on it.

This was a nice NOS. I felt like I was standing tall at $1,300. It sold for over $1,700.

It was one of the better examples I have seen lately, but just could not commit to more than $1,300.

Oh well, someone bought a really nice P-220/.38 Super.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ From the looks of it, I'm not sure they'll ever shoot it - and where's the fun in that? The thing that always blew my mind about these pistols is the way they somehow make me a better shot than I actually am.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Had I won it, I would not have shot it. I already have a shooter. and an excellent shooter at that.

I just wanted to have a LNIB/NOS example, as they just ain't making them anymore.

Yeah, I thought I was a pretty good shot with my P-220's chambered in .45.

The .38 Super makes me look amazing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Steve - I'm so happy that gun found you. I knew you'd appreciate it and it looks fantastic!

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Thank you, I need to use something other than PB.

I had lots of issues with PB, so I moved all of my (over 4,000) on line pictures to Flickr. Just create a Yahoo email address and you're ready to go. The bonus is that it's free. It's quite an undertaking to move all of the pictures, but it's well worth it.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a used colt combat commander in super 38 that i have plans to send to ted yost.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Love the round. I own several 38 Supers including a 220, a Euro model I picked up a few years back for $600. FWIW, Freedom munitions has new manufacture 38 Super at very reasonable price, right now $14.50 a box. It's pretty good plinking ammo if you don't reload. I've shot a few thousand rounds in various calibers and never had a problem with it.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post