SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 2022 9mm FDE find
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 2022 9mm FDE find Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Found a very lightly used SIG 2022 (9mm) in FDE at a LGS. 6 Mags were included.

2 (10 rounders) **(those are for sale in the classifieds)**
2 (15 rounders)
2 (15+2 rounders)

only issues with it is the black grip. I'll live.

I shot about 300 rounds through it today at the range. No issues at all and its as accurate as my Glock 19 and SIG P320.

Here is a pic with its cousin

Here it is with its older brother my SIG 2340 in .357sig flavor.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually kind of like the black grip on it.
I'll have to swap them around on some of mine and see how it looks in person.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the black grip!
Apologies for possible thread derail: I would like to try the other grip that came with my 2022 but cant get the original off.
Whats the secret?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I like the black grip!
Apologies for possible thread derail: I would like to try the other grip that came with my 2022 but cant get the original off.
Whats the secret?

The grip panel? It's not too hard; I used the flag safety that came with mine to press the little catch about 1/3 of the way up on the interior back side of it, then slid it off to put the Medium on.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked my SP2022 9mm so much that I sold my P250 .45 and bought my son a SP2022 9mm for birthday/Christmas. I still have P250c & sc pistols in both 9mm and .40 S&W.

Here are my SP2022 and P250c 9mm pistols. The P250c 9mm now wears a FDE grip module.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Awesome find! Looks great, shoots great -- can't beat that!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, I think the Sig SP2022 backstraps in FDE are available from Sig.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, so which of the two 2022/320 did you like shooting better?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:

They are or pop a WTB in the classifieds here.
I traded a Black for FDE awhile back.
I like the FDE grip on my black gun.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

My 2340 is in .357sig and its a beast. The 2022 is in 9mm and its a pussy cat.

I not sure which one I like to shoot more at this point. But I might be going away from the .357sig because of ammo prices. With high quality 9mm 124Gr ammo I can come close to 357sig ammo for less price.

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Called SIG and asked. They said they are out of production Frown

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the black grip!
Whats the secret?

Your a hooper, no need to apologize.... It was a question I had when I bought my 2340. Plus I love the U.P Ive been all the way across it from the Soo to Ironwood.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
quote:

I not sure which one I like to shoot more at this point. But I might be going away from the .357sig because of ammo prices. With high quality 9mm 124Gr ammo I can come close to 357sig ammo for less price.

Thanks...how would you compare shooting the 2022 to the 320? I have a 2022 (9mm), but never fired a 320 yet.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks...how would you compare shooting the 2022 to the 320? I have a 2022 (9mm), but never fired a 320 yet.

Yeah if I would have opened my eyes, I could have answered it correctly........

I have the Apex flat trigger installed in mine, it has not been sent back to SIG for the trigger recall, doubt it will go back.
I would say the two are comparable, I shoot the 320 better only because I have not shot many round through the 2022.

If you haven't got a P320 I would say get one, install the APEX flat trigger and you will love it.

posted Hide Post
Thats a nice looking one, the color grows on you. I have a all black I like

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Thats a nice looking one, the color grows on you. I have a all black I like

I agree. It kinda' grows on you. Didn't think I'd ever like 'em and probably won't ever buy an FDE pistol, but I'm warming up to the look.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Plenty of respect for the SP2022 here. For good reason.. Nice find

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the black grip!
Whats the secret?

It can be difficult to remove. I had to use some leverage. I use a screwdriver with hallow shaft and the tip removed. I put some electrical tape on the grip so as to protect it and then pushed in on the tab holding the grip in place and then up a bit to get it out of the lock. Others have dome similar using a ball point pen shaft, toothbrush handle, small diameter dowel rod, etc.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Called SIG and asked. They said they are out of production Frown

Out of production, as in, they ain't making any more, ever? Or out of production as in they'll make more whenever they get around to it?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black grips look good! I'd keep the 2x 10-rounders, great training mags.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post