SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Compact vs. Glock 19 vs. PX4 Compact - comparison pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Compact vs. Glock 19 vs. PX4 Compact - comparison pics Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted
With all the recent Beretta 92 Compact talk, and since it seems all carry guns are measured by the venerable Glock 19, I decided awhile back to do a few comparison shots.
I also included the PX4 Compact as it's probably the closest DA/SA pistol in size to the G19.

With Mecgar now selling 15 round Compact mags (which will accept OEM 15 round baseplates to make them flush-fit), I think the Compact has a new lease on life as a CCW contender.

For your viewing pleasure. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can even shave a few millimeters off with a thin base plate and flat mainspring cap:

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy looking at comparison photos.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3503 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. I love the Beretta 92 series pistols. They are a classic design. The Glock is a fine weapon although not as aesthetically pleasing compared to a Beretta and I own/carry a Glock and love their reliability.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
PX4 Compact is an especially underrated pistol. With a little time & investment, its capability elevates..

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
PX4 Compact is an especially underrated pistol. With a little time & investment, its capability elevates..

Yes it is.

The crazy thing is that it shoots SO much better than the FS version - less muzzle rise and a softer recoil impulse. It's a compact pistol that shoots twice as big as it really is.

One of the great thing about it is that you can convert it to a "G" without having to buy anything (basically remove a spring and detent bearing).

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I tried the subcompact as well but was disappointed with its performance. I own both a PX4 Compact carry and a grey framed compact identical to yours, same mods too Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

Yes it is.

The crazy thing is that it shoots SO much better than the FS version - less muzzle rise and a softer recoil impulse. It's a compact pistol that shoots twice as big as it really is.

One of the great thing about it is that you can convert it to a "G" without having to buy anything (basically remove a spring and detent bearing).

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed. I tried the subcompact as well but was disappointed with its performance. I own both a PX4 Compact carry and a grey framed compact identical to yours, same mods too Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

Yes it is.

Yup. I EDC a PX4 Compact that's been modded a bit. I've got it on my hip now. I like it so much, I'm planning on getting a second one, probably the Compact Carry, as soon as finances allow.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 92 Compact (Inox w/rail) and it should be here next week!! I’m stoked! I will report with pics then!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Nice comparison shots. I had no idea that Mecgar was now making 15 round mags for these. That's a game changer for me now and I'll start carrying mine.

My only gripe is the fixed front sight on the 92 compact. I might send my slide to Tool Tech to have HD sights installed. My 81 is there now getting the same treatment.

Beretta DA/SA pistols are really enjoying a hell of a resurgence in popularity lately. Bill Wilson and Ernie Langdon have made Beretta a lot of money lately.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had no idea that Mecgar was now making 15 round mags for these. That's a game changer for me now and I'll start carrying mine.

It amazes me how many folks seem to like a gun but discount it over 2 rounds. 13 vs 15 rounds to me is statistical noise. Under 10 rounds that difference becomes a larger consideration for me but over 10 rounds for me personally it’s all about the platform.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7629 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
I had no idea that Mecgar was now making 15 round mags for these. That's a game changer for me now and I'll start carrying mine.

It amazes me how many folks seem to like a gun but discount it over 2 rounds. 13 vs 15 rounds to me is statistical noise. Under 10 rounds that difference becomes a larger consideration for me but over 10 rounds for me personally it’s all about the platform.

I discounted it for a number of reasons, but the bump in capacity will let me overlook the gun's other drawbacks.

My biggest issue with the gun is actually a training issue but the length of the grip is horrendous for me for speed reloads. My pinky sits perfectly at the edge of the magwell and I've cut the hell out of my finger slamming home reloads. I have to teach myself to break my firing grip when reloading.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to get me a PX4 Compact. I've really been drawn to that gun for years now.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
im looking (locally) for a 92C in INOX but id prefer one w/o the rail..did they make an INOX sans rail or just the blued guns?

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main gripe I have with the Compact (I have the railed INOX version) is the inability to easily alter the front sight which is still part of the slide. On my particular specimen, the dot on the front sight was drilled off center; plus, I don't care for the red colored dots on the sights...I ended up painting the front sight completely orange, and blacking out the rear sights.

Gotta 2nd and 3rd the sentiments about the PX4 Compact being underrated. Have a stock Compact Carry and I dropped in a LTT trigger job in a bag which made a noticeable difference. The only thing I'd change is the choice of front sight that comes on the Compact Carry. It's just a little bit too wide for my preferences.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
im looking (locally) for a 92C in INOX but id prefer one w/o the rail..did they make an INOX sans rail or just the blued guns?

I believe right now the only Compacts without a rail are the standard Bruniton/black finish pistols. I prefer the Inox not because of the rail, but because the front and backstrap checkering is much more aggressive since it's basically a 92A1 frame.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sakata8242:
The main gripe I have with the Compact (I have the railed INOX version) is the inability to easily alter the front sight which is still part of the slide. On my particular specimen, the dot on the front sight was drilled off center; plus, I don't care for the red colored dots on the sights...I ended up painting the front sight completely orange, and blacking out the rear sights.

I looked into it and you can send it to Wilson Combat and they can drill the front sight for around $50.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 92 compact and really like it. One thing I thought was strange was lanyard loop pin is now a roll pin. I will probably do the same thing L90814 did with the flat main spring cap . L90814, what kind of grips are those? They look pretty nice. Now my Glock might have some competition.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the Langdon Tactical Technology grips.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post