SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 4006TSW - Your Thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 4006TSW - Your Thoughts Login/Join 
posted
I have been eyeing these CHP trade ins. Your thoughts, experience, and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Have one. Buy it before they're gone.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beast of a gun. Heavy. If you like 3rd gen smiths you will like this one. Caveat. I thought my all steel 5906 was heavy, this one is heavier.

They generally show a lot of holster wear but it’s all stainless so it’s cosmetic.

I removed the mag safety cause I hate them.

Posts: 7474 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are great , I picked up the old one they had years ago it was in good shape a gun guy must of had the trigger was ex . I still have I wanted the new Tac 4006 since they got them you could never get one that is the CHP gun . I jumped on them and got a real nice clean one back in June glad I did.With a good holster it carry's great I have all leather Galco and Desantis , some rigs for Sig 220 work with it also BUY it.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh Gen 3s, love them!! HEAVYWEIGHT BADBOYS!! Beefcakes!! Got a 1006 and a 1076 and they are great guns, I wish they would do a remake on some of the Gen 3s! I would like to find a 4006 myself!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be picking mine up today after work. I can't wait. The price was right for $385 and I think owning a CHP gun is pretty cool.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite, and only 40 caliber I will ever keep in the collection. Buy one now while they are affordable. The pinacle of the third gen Smith, and the gun that started the 40 revolution.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
3rd gen. Smith, just about can't go wrong.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
My 5906 is a gem. Brilliant trigger and accurate. I would pick up a 4006 if one came my way.

7mm

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I only own one, a 4506, and it's great.

3rd gen Smiths are excellent pistols. I got mine second hand, an early round trigger guard no-dash model, 4 mags, no box, like-new condition, with a spare set of factory plastic grips new in the wrapper. Set the slide to Trijicon, they replaced the tired old night sights with new units, good to go.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hctr154
posted Hide Post
Great range or home defense gun...a little too heavy for everyday carry.

Posts: 334 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: February 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I love the looks of this gun, so I ordered one. Not a fan of .40 but will make an exception in this case.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the 3rd gen guns. I'm going to hold out for the integral rail Melonite 4566TSWs from the WVSP to become available. Smile

Rumor has it that the WVSP is in the process of testing tupperware guns to replace the
4566TSWs with. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post