SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WC Beretta 92G Brigadier..... drool
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WC Beretta 92G Brigadier..... drool Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Temptation too great. Resistance futile. TGS just swiped $1300 from my pocket this morning. Big Grin

DUDE! This is MY "Hold me back" thread, and YOU are the one who lost control?? Eek

I almost bought the one they had at my LGS, but since I found out it doesn't have the action package, I passed. Still periodically passing by TGS. I've been strong so far......

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
quote:
Temptation too great. Resistance futile. TGS just swiped $1300 from my pocket this morning. Big Grin

I am still fighting the urge. Please give us your impressions when it comes in. I am especially curious about the trigger.

Well, it finally came in yesterday, typically lightning fast shipping from TGS. Cool
Here are my quick non-live fire impressions.

The good: The gun handles just as good as it looks. Having had Berettas in the past, the grip always feels comfortable to me, and it is now made much better by the Wilson G10. You want traction? You got traction. The front and backstrap checkering is a big plus, too. I never liked the barrel protruding beyond the slide of the 92FS/M9. So, this chopped off barrel makes it look much better, imo. And, typical of Beretta, the slide glides on the frame like it's on ball bearings. The only other gun that comes close to the Beretta in terms of this gliding smoothness is the Walther P5. The DA trigger is long, but silky smooth and nonstacking. Love it! But,

The bad: The SA trigger pull. Disappointed would be an understatement. Eek Being that this is a WC action tuned Beretta, I was expecting something that breaks like glass. What I got was something that is just barely better than SA pull of the stock CZ 75. And, CZ fans all know the stock trigger. The creep. The WC also gives me the SA creep that immediately reminds me of the CZ. Not as pronounced, but there is no escaping it. Wow, I am shocked. This SA trigger pull got nothing on my German/W. German P228s. I don't know, maybe giving it good workouts to see if the SA trigger will improve. We'll see.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a brigadier Tactical and the Compact Carry.If I could only keep one it would be the Compact hands down. Why this one was discontinued baffles me.

Posts: 41 | Registered: September 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yep. The Action Tune is lighter springs and a fluff and buff of moving parts. They don't touch the sear as I recall, or if they do...its a quick hit with a polishing wheel.

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
12131 - Thanks for saving me $1400. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
12131 - Thanks for saving me $1400. Wink

That's what friends are for. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If I need to scratch the 9MM Beretta itch, I'll just get an Italian made 92A1 for $600.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If I need to scratch the 9MM Beretta itch, I'll just get an Italian made 92A1 for $600.

This is my plan as well. I can then add any modifications as needed. Disappointed to hear about the Wilson Beretta trigger. The model I checked out recently at the local gun shop felt no better then my SIGs. I was hoping it was just that particular example.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
Has anyone heard if WC intends to do some 96's?

Would it be sacrilegious to send in a 96D state police trade-in that's already been NP3'd? Doesn't sound like I'd be gaining much as far as the action s concerned.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My WC has the action tune and I love it. I also have a Vertec that was sent in for the tune, and it is worlds better than the stock trigger. Maybe I got lucky! Mine is hands down my favorite full size 9mm pistol.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There is a wide range of tolerance in the trigger bar, trigger and hammer. I've swapped in trigger bars that wouldn't drop the hammer.

I'm fond of AAGW's speed bump trigger w/ a C&S hammer/sear set.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
I've been debating which of these two I want for a gift to myself for retiring last month:
WC Brigadier w/Action Tune,
CZ Shadow 2 from CZ Custom .

Tough choice, but I would pick the WC.

I think I might be having a change of heart, now that I have the WC in hands. Until I have a chance at the CZ Shadow 2, I would have to say, I don't know. Here is a perfect example of shooting your mouth of without having actual experience. Roll Eyes

Q

posted Hide Post
Maybe you got a dud . I just now picked up my WC Brigadier w/action tune and the DA and the SA feel great .
And this is coming from a trigger snob.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Love mine. One of my favorite full sized 9mm's.

Never been much of a trigger snob, but mine seems to be very smooth. It has the action tune. I've put more rounds through the Brig Tac then any of my other 9mm's.

Surprises me they have built so many of them. Mine is one of the first 150 (and a matching Compact in SN). Been very happy with it!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I've been debating which of these two I want for a gift to myself for retiring last month:
WC Brigadier w/Action Tune,
CZ Shadow 2 from CZ Custom .

Tough choice, but I would pick the WC.

I think I might be having a change of heart, now that I have the WC in hands. Until I have a chance at the CZ Shadow 2, I would have to say, I don't know. Here is a perfect example of shooting your mouth of without having actual experience. Roll Eyes

.....and you had me convinced not to buy one. Now the temptation is back!

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Also...these guys have them in stock as well...normal or with the action tune package. Here's the link for that one:

https://www.shootersconnection...Mag-Guide-P4126.aspx

(highly recommended)
"Currently out of stock"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger on my Brig Tac with the action tune is outstanding as well. Not quite as good as my SAO Legion with a reduced weight mainspring, but very close. Maybe 12131 should contact WC and ask about his concerns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprg03-A3,

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe you got a dud . I just now picked up my WC Brigadier w/action tune and the DA and the SA feel great .
And this is coming from a trigger snob.

I'm a trigger snob too. My 92G from WC has Action tune and the trigger is ridiculous both SA and DA. Nothing else comes close. Not even my Legions or worked over Hk's. It's that good. Now my 226 Legion is at Lazy Wolf Guns. Hopefully when it comes back it's close to the Beretta. This pistol is unreal for the price point.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Also...these guys have them in stock as well...normal or with the action tune package. Here's the link for that one:

https://www.shootersconnection...Mag-Guide-P4126.aspx

(highly recommended)
"Currently out of stock"

yeah...they've been available all summer but WC hasn't been getting many from BUSA so no surprise they sold through them.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Quick range report.
Took the Beretta to shoot right after work yesterday. The EDC P228 also tagged along.

Ammo: Federal AE 124Gr FMJ, GECO 124Gr FMJ, Freedom Munitions Reman 115Gr RN, Fiocchi 115Gr FMJ, and Fiocchi 124Gr XTPHP.

Rounds fired: 175 (Beretta), 40 (SIG).

Malfunctions: none

Comments: I'm not going to say much about the P228, except that the factory AEP is OK but really nothing to write home about. If you want real action work on your SIG, you send it to Robert Burke.

The Beretta is interesting. It's really superb in terms of balance and handling. As said above, the DA is really smooth and nonstacking. About the creepy SA, when I'm consciously wanting to detect it, it's there. And, when I'm just shooting without thinking about it, it's just gone from my brain. Either way doesn't matter, because the bullets landed where they're supposed to.

Q