SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New G10 Grips for my P226 Scorpion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New G10 Grips for my P226 Scorpion Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
Yay or Nay? Stock looks better?

BEFORE

AFTER

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the rougher golf ball texture personally, so I'd probably stick with oem. That said, black does look good on the tan.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I like the stock grips better

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I like the stock grips better

Yup, more matching.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the stock grips

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I never much cared for the, er, flamboyant topographic G10 patterns and look that these particular stock grips have, particularly in the flat areas. It's got that "oh look, someone forgot to disinfect this and now the mold spores have taken root" kind of look. Bleah. I will say that those colors are a better match, but it still looks like a run amok lab culture to me. As for the physical side of the Piranha texture, it's okay but I prefer a tighter, more abrazive feel. More like sandpaper.

So I guess I choose the latter. Not because I like it a lot. I just like it more.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Hard call on the looks, I can see it either way. The problem I have with the standard factory grips is they are too dern thick.... either way, most of you have seen my BBQ gun with G10s... but I'm still proud of it:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ducatiti, another vote for stock grips are better.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Stock grips give me seizures, Smile prefer the black.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on the delivery of that very P226 grip (black/checkered) as we speak. Looks just fine to me Smile

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the G10 grips. Smile I have a pair on my M11 A1 just like yours!

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your honest opinions. I like both but leaning towards to the black checkered. Maybe I'm getting old but I find the stock piranha to a bit in the busy side drawing attention to the grip alone while with the black checkered, it maintains a classic look without the distraction of the multicolor scheme. I guess with the simplicity of the grip, makes me appreciate the contours of the 226 more IMO.

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
I'm waiting on the delivery of that very P226 grip (black/checkered) as we speak. Looks just fine to me Smile

Which 226 will it be going on?

Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:

Which 226 will it be going on?

A plain Exeter marked 357 pistol, no tail or rail.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've thought about it some more and have come back to this thread and I have to be the odd man out it seems... I really like the green G10s in the first picture best.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Before for sure.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
Before for sure.

Good point. Actually, I just switched back to the piranha (green) and noticed that it fits my hand better with a more round feel, and bit more grab not having a sandpaper feel like the checkered.

Black may be returned eventually.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a standard p226 with the E2 grips a few years ago and really like it... Last year I needed a Christmas Bonus and decided to go with the M25 model in desert tan... when I picked it up and was driving home I took the pistol out of the box and it just did not feel right...finger did not sit on the trigger right, by the time I got home I'd figured out it was the factory grips.... just too fat.... after doing some research here, it seems the G10's are almost as thin as the E2's and so I ordered a set of the Green Grips shown above.... Much better fit to my hand and I can shoot the M25 almost as good as the standard P226.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
Find a set of tan G-10s. I have a set of tan Mascus G-10s on my 226. I think they match pretty well. I don't think Hogue makes them anymore though.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
Before for sure.

Good point. Actually, I just switched back to the piranha (green) and noticed that it fits my hand better with a more round feel, and bit more grab not having a sandpaper feel like the checkered.

Black may be returned eventually.

You might feel that it "fits" you better because of the different texture. But, in reality, it doesn't have any more round feel than the Checkered, because they have identical dimensions and contours. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post