SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Newbie with a "new to me" P365....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie with a "new to me" P365.... Login/Join 
posted
Hello all,

Newbie here. So, I am just reading and learning about my P365. This isn't my first SIG, I love my two SIG 1911's. I have had those for several years. I saw several other 365-related threads, but didn't want to appear to be hijacking someone else's posting.

I just received a "new to me" P365 in Mid October. I say "new to me" as that I won it in a raffle run by a web site here in WA state, raising funds to fight I-1639 (vote NO, vote early and vote often Razz ...). After doing a field strip and cleaning, I am of the impression that my pistol has yet to fire a round, likely only some dry-fires. I am assuming that the born date info is from the sticker on the pistol case with a bar code, a date (mine says 29 Mar 2018) and "Made in the United States." Anyway I really like the looks and feel of the P365. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. What do I need to keep and eye out for? From what I have read, there are some fitment issues with the striker/springs on some early pistols. From my experience, issues with early/initial run pistols can be fairly common with new production models. I want to be happy with my P365. I have picked up a box of SIG 365 FMJ elite 115gr ammo for the maiden trip to the range. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 6 | Location: Seattle area | Registered: November 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot your gun knowing if you ever have any problems Sig will promptly repair and return.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I agree with pm9. From my readings, the people who have had issues with their P365s is about 25%, at most, of those who were early purchasers. There were some reported issues with later production pistols but the percentage is not as high as with the earlier pistols.

Most fail to feed and fail to lock back on an empty mag can be attributed to the thumbs rubbing against the slide or putting pressure on the slide stop.

Welcome to the forum!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Shoot the snot out of it and see what happens. Its birth date places it squarely in the midst of the range of guns that have had known issues with the striker, trigger reset spring and other hiccups. But you won't know what issues you might be faced with until you put plenty of rounds through it. And/or dry fire it. A lot. As for how much cycling needs to happen before it's can be deemed good to go...well that's been the $365 million dollar question with these guns.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Welcome boomer and congrats on your new 365.

I traded for one about 1.5 months ago and fired 100 rounds the next day. I had no issues and love the gun. Because of all of the documented issues I will be cautious and not carry it until I've fried 1,000 or so rounds. Good luck and happy shooting!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post