SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK USPc Mag Experiment. 9mm in .40 Magazine.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK USPc Mag Experiment. 9mm in .40 Magazine. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So some time back somebody here mentioned dropping a 9mm barrel into a.40 P2000 and running 9mm just by doing that.

Well I don't have a need as I have both 9mm and .40 P2000's but whether or not the .40 mags would run 9mm had stuck in the back of my head for some reason.

Well today I finally got around to giving it a try. I loaded up my 9mm P2000 and grabbed a 12 shot .40 S&W magazine to see what happens.

Well color me surprised. I ran 50 rounds of 9mm NATO with absolutely no issues. Nothing felt different, nothing gave ANY indication of problem or issues in doing so.

The 12 round .40 magazine holds 15 rounds of 9mm.

However the .40 magazine did make me shoot horribly today which of course must be attributed to using the wrong magazine, I mean there are no other possibilities for this. Couldn't possibly be my lack of skill....musta been the magazine. Frown

So anyway color me surprised.

Now this is certainly not a great test and I have no idea if this would work long term or with defensive/varied ammo etc. and I have no reason to do this as I have plenty of 9mm of magazine but its kind of nice to know that one could potentially fall back on a .40 mag for 9mm if needed.

AGAIN, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DID THIS AS NOTHING MORE THEN AN EXPERIMENT. DON'T AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME YOU NOW HAVE A 15 ROUND FLUSH FITTING OPTION....DON'T RUN WITH SCISSORS, YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT, DON'T SIT SO CLOSE TO THE TV.....ETC. ETC. Big Grin

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
SIG shooters have been doing this for years.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Post content deleted - While interesting it was not relevant to the OP Wink

Move along....Nothing to see here! Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I was running the 9mm in a 9mm Gun. I was just futzing around feeding it from a .40 magazine.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nhracecraft - this comment is off-topic - but thanks for posting the comparison pic! I have had an H&K USP9c stainless for almost 20 years but did not realize there is (was?) such a difference in the slides. Now, I'll have to go find a .40 mag and try the 9mm workaround ... Wink

Edited to add: But, it’s still a great picture!

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I was running the 9mm in a 9mm Gun. I was just futzing around feeding it from a .40 magazine.

WOW, my reading comprehension was SEVERELY lacking when I read the OP! In my defense, SWMBO is planning the Christmas Eve & Christmas Day menus and keeps distracting me/asking me questions when I'm trying to attend to important SIGforum business! Actually, the 'USPc' in the thread title confused things a little too. Sooo, never mind... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found out USPc40 mags worked in a USPc9 shortly after the end of the AWB. My son was testing a dozen reduced-capacity 40 mags the LGS had clearanced for $5 each; I inadvertently loaded one of the 40 mags and shot it in my 9 with no problems.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post