SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ - Shadow 2 vs AccuShadow 2 vs Tactical Sport vs Tactical Sport Blue or Orange
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ - Shadow 2 vs AccuShadow 2 vs Tactical Sport vs Tactical Sport Blue or Orange Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Considering price, shootability, and accuracy, what are your thoughts on the four CZ pistols mentioned in the title of this thread? As a reminder, the four are; Shadow 2, AccuShadow 2, Tactical Sport, Tactical Sport Blue or Orange. What say you? Thanks!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
These are all competition guns built for specific divisions.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had my heart set on a TSO until I held one, pistol is huge! I’ll be getting a Shadow 2 target. Smile

Posts: 8 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
belt,
I bought a s 2 and sp-o1 tactical.I could not believe how bigger the s2 felt than the tactical.

The tso is that much biggger than the s2.

I bought the s2,just for plate and plinking,and it really is the softest ,mildest 9mm i have shot,

Plus,you can throw a light on the rail and have your home defense gun also.

If you dont like your s2,email me.
Happy shooting

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
It all depends on what you want to use it for.

I can say that my grip and the Tactical Sport do not agree. I would activate the safety with my support hand about every other shot. Your mileage might vary, but I never had that issue with my Shadows.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Frankly I can't hardly keep track of all of the versions and variants that CZ and their Custom Shop churn out. Of the ones listed in the OP they're all sizable guns, especially that humongous and rather fugly, almost hammertone-like finished Tactical Sport (jus' my lil' ol' op/ed), though the Shadow 2 that came through our shop recently didn't seem that much more larger than my standard ol' SP-01 Tactical.

Normally I don't feel all that kindly towards a competition/target tuned gun configured with a DA/SA trigger, but that particular black Shadow 2 had a very usable and sweet double action to it. Light though not quite 'glass' smooth, but definitely missing most of that jerkiness of earlier SP-01-based Shadows that we've had in the past and to me were very unbecoming for their four-figure price tags. This one blows away any commoner, heathen Legion trigger--even one in SAO--but then again those CZs are special firearms built for different purposes than the supposedly upmarket SIG (yeah, I don't much care for them Legions if that isn't already obvious). But with the CZ, the 'creep' I didn't like was in its price; truth being told it's more like a big hop than creep over the past few years.

Last Orange we had through was over a year ago; it was a nice piece but again I didn't feel any love for its rather lofty price point given what one got. I looked at one of those Shadow 2 'Blue' pistols at a competitor's shop a few months back and I could easily have fallen for that one at $500 less than the Orange. Our CZ rep let us down on our order for those else I probably would've bought one of the Blue Shadow 2s last year, even though the color of its grips was rather dorky in a heinous kind of way (jus' my lil' ol' op/ed).

Aside from the grips, the two Shadow 2s were pretty much the same...except for the price. Our 2018 black gripped example came in from CZ over $200 more than the NIB Blue that we tried to order a year ago. I don't think black dyes in and a different grip texture to the G10 or whatever the hell they're making them out of these days are enough justification for the price hike, but then I'm not CZ trying to hold its fervent fans hostage either.

Again, jus' my lil' ol' op/ed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
It will come down to what you want to spend and what you will use it for. Also single action or double action/single action preference might be considered if only target shooting. The Shadow 2 would be ideal for USPSA or IPSC Production, and Tactical Sports for USPSA Limited.
The Tactical Sports Orange I have is an outstanding example of fit and finish. The slide, barrel, etc. all fit really nice and surface finishes are great. It also comes with spare parts and magazines. My buddy was so impressed he got one as well. I compare it to my XFive L1...just not as pretty.
I dislike the cast diamonds found on the Tactical Sport and Tactical Sport Blue. They make the grip feel bigger without the traction improvement. I ended up removing them from my Tactical Sport and hand checkering it. Personally, I'd not get the "Blue" model because of it. I'd handle one to make your own decision.
For the additional cost of the AccuShadow, I'd save the money and go for a Cajun 10x bushing. You might also get a tight fitting barrel to bushing from the factory and not need it (I had this on my Orange and Shadow 2). I have the Cajun 10x on 4 or 5 other Shadows though. They will both give you about the same improvement in my experience. The amount of improvement depends on how loose the gun was to begin with.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Time for an update. First, Thank You all for the responses. A few weeks ago I picked up a Shadow 2 Custom. The trigger is 3.5# SA, 8# DA. The pistol is more accurate than I am (old eyes now).

Looking forward to shooting steel at a friends range whenever the weather breaks. One of the local indoor ranges has a USPSA league which they have been trying to get me to participate in (used to shoot PPC and Bullseye). I may have to give it a go.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. The only problem I would have would be shooting them, as they are too gorgeous to shoot.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Shadow 2 yesterday. Black with the blue grips. I was thinking about getting one for a while, but most of the ones I've seen still had trigger creep and hammer camming, although a lot lighter pull than standard CZ's.

And this one is the best I've tried - if you pull really slow you can feel some smooth creep, but firing normally, it feels crisp and about 3.5 lbs.

The aluminum grip panels really reduce the grip size. The backstrap is a bit different than normal CZ's, bit fits very well and somewhat 1911-ish in grip feel and trigger reach in single action. DA is a bit far for me though. Checkering is aggressive, but it's a heavy beast so recoils should be mild.

I would like an option for an extended manual safety on the right side - it comes with an optional extended left side with slim right, and I need the opposite as a lefty. I did swap the mag release to the other side, due to the big extension.

The TS is just too big in the grip, The Accu-hadow 2 Custom is $750 more and maybe a little better, but I doubt I will ever see an example actually in stock anywhere.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post