SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SLIDE WITH ROMEO 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SLIDE WITH ROMEO 1 Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone assist please. There appears to be nothing on the SIG website but I am looking to get a Sig P226 slide with a Romeo 1 already installed. Any thoughts?
Thank you

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Like this?
https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...iece+Ergo+Grip+Black

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s what I am looking for but not the whole weapon, just the slide and the Romeo1

posted Hide Post
I don't follow this issue closely since I have zero interest in a Romeo 1. But there have been several threads on this recently and for the moment it seems Sig is not offering this outside of a complete gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clarkie:
Can anyone assist please. There appears to be nothing on the SIG website but I am looking to get a Sig P226 slide with a Romeo 1 already installed. Any thoughts?
Thank you

I tried up to about a year ago trying to do this very thing; I failed to find supply/source for such orphaned parts. Sometimes parts appear randomly from a private source & I never made the timely connection.

Sold off the old 320 & bought a new 320Rx.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is about a 226 and not a 320,though I think the issue is the same. I'm sure Sig eventually will produce these but who knows when. In the meantime I'd just get my slide milled for an RMR and be way, way ahead.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Call SIG CS and see if they can build up and sell you what you're after. Guaranteed that if they're willing to do it that it won't be the best price but at least you won't have to pay for the entire firearm.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if there were any made for the P226. But I recently picked up a P229 RX 9mm Exchange kit that included a factory milled slide with a Romeo 1, tall sights, barrel, and one 15rd magazine in a case. In my opinion, it was reasonably priced at $500 + shipping. Less than what it would have cost to have a slide milled, Romeo, and other parts purchased separately. It is working very well so far at the range. Sigs website had not shown any available when I checked, but I saw a few of these kits available in GB and a few vendors like Osage County Guns. However, I wasn’t searching for P226.
The whole MRD thing is new to me, but My aging eyes like it. Now I would like to get my spare P229 40/457 slide milled for a better quality optic. And from what I have read here so far, I think ‘hrcjon’ might have some suggestions that I would greatly appreciate.
Good luck with your search.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just call Sig Sauer and tell them what you
want. I know you can get a P320 slide with the
Romeo 1 already attached.
If you call an LE listed dealer they'll advise you to contact Sig too.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did a P229R Diamond Plate 9mm Romeo 1 Slide. Tenex, Inc 4261 Sweet Rd, Blaine, WA 98320 did the mill and assembly work. I purchased the Romeo 1 from Optic planet for $299. Mill work was $150. Got the sig suppressor sights for $99 from Sig.

I will be doing a nitron 40-S/W from a exchange kit next.

Only thing I didn't realize was the limited selection for tight sight alignment with the suppressor sights. (minimal height selection)

Sig promised me they were going to do an RX exchange kit "real soon" ever since they introduced the P320RX. I got tired of waiting.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 48 | Location: Whatcom County, WA | Registered: July 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for taking the time to respond greatly appreciated.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
What you're looking for is CALX-226-9-B-RX

Here are pics and description. Out of stock here, but just google the part number and see if anyone else has them: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...calx-226-9-b-rx.html

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They exist, you just have to hunt for them. I loved my SAO RX so much I had to pick up a 226 RX x-change kit for my 226 SSE. I got mine for $450 shipped, just keep you eyes open and search Google. There is not a high demand for them so you can pick them up on sale.

Here is my SSE with a RX x-change kit next to my SAO RX.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
... I loved my SAO RX so much I had to pick up a 226 RX x-change kit for my 226 SSE.

Interesting that your P226 RX x-change kit included the Elite slide with the front serrations, unlike the P229 RX kit. Nice deal at $450.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, your public profile doesn’t include an eMail address. I may be able to help out.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
OP, your public profile doesn’t include an eMail address. I may be able to help out.

Mate, thank you for that: Nobody.nobby@yahoo.com

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
They exist, you just have to hunt for them. I loved my SAO RX so much I had to pick up a 226 RX x-change kit for my 226 SSE. I got mine for $450 shipped, just keep you eyes open and search Google. There is not a high demand for them so you can pick them up on sale.

Here is my SSE with a RX x-change kit next to my SAO RX.

I just got one to replace a well worn 226 folded slide. How do you like it,haven’t shot mine yet. I have the old eyes so am hoping that this helps. If so may have to get one for a 229

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Legion RX slide a couple of months ago.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...odel=121&caliber=188

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I got mine, though not the legion one during 20 percent off sale. Do you like yours?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Took mine to the range yesterday. Sighted in with 115 grainers at 12 yards and then shot at stuff on the berm at 25. Set it to be 1.5 in high at 12 yards. Though I would always want to be looking at the taller iron sights and trying to align with dot but didn’t. I always like when adjustments made actually correspond to results on paper. Shot two handed seated using think blanket as a rest. Pretty sure I would not want 6 MOA red dot. Checked to see what sig wanted for them with mounts, wow still pretty expensive. Anyway so far I like it about 100 rounds total was shooting 6 shot strings while sighting in so maybe 30 needed.